It's snowing

I just had the fun of clearing about 4 inches of snow from our paths.
All I wanted to do was fill the bird feeders up*, but thought it was best not to leave a trail of compacted snow on the path, to turn to ice.

I think this is the first time that the snow shovel we bought years ago has been used.

*The feathered fiends have gone through about 3-4kg of peanuts today - although much of that probably went to the collar doves and wood pigeons that love our garden, but we've also had lots of finches and **** constantly at the feeders.

raining/sleet now. :(

our road should be fun. Next door but 2 has a tap out the front for his car washing business, and the pipe has split. Ive dug a canal in the snow to the nearest drain but that means its going across my driveway.... Oh and they cant find the shut off valve for that outside tap, so its STILL leaking now.

IMG_0153_small.jpg

IMG_0158_small.jpg

IMG_0161_small.jpg

IMG_0165_small.jpg

Epic fun at the rugby...

Loads of volunteers had been down in the morning to clear the snow off the covers, piling it up a good 7-feet high at the side of the pitch. The volunteers had also cleared off the stands, piling it up at the end of each row (this is what enabled the match to go ahead).

So at half time, the entire IPL stand started pelting the ball boys and camera crew with snow balls. Was hilarious! About 10 ball boys/camera crew/sound crew/photographers against the whole of the IPL stand :cool: :D.

Called in saying I couldn't make it work this morning due to the travel warning in NI.

Now the day half through and I've been getting conflicting reports from people I know, ones saying, "yeah it's deep but you get there in the end" and others giving it the whole, "Hell no! You stay at home!"

So then comes the dilemma..

A lads night out?

Is it wrong to ditch work and then head out to a club/bar?

Morally it's a no brainer but I'm just wondering if it's something people here would do. :D

Well we had a good... 2 inches... So much for the red alert and the extreme weather forecast...

Less than last year and that in turn was less than most of the previous years...:(

Least we finally got some I guess. :p

I use Met Office Hazard Manager as it is also updated more regularly than most other weather sites. It's showing a similar picture at the moment, across the country. We have had no snow apart from a few light flurries and a slight dusting in the Central belt of Scotland which was hit hard last week. Long may it continue!. It is however, bitterly cold and the roads are still quite dodgy because of ice.

xlxg7t.jpg

Yeah, Core #2 in the 0,1,2,3 sequence has always been a bit lower than the others for some strange reason. AFAIK it's pretty normal. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom