It's snowing

Was about 3" deep on top of the covers this morning, but volunteers soon cleared it off :).

5znn.jpg

photoyb.jpg

Had loads of snow down here, then when I had a green light, someone pulled out in front of me, so I now have a scrape...I hate this weather...the **** didn't even stop so we could exchange details. :mad:

Yeah I have to say, you'd think people would take things more carefully in the snow but that's my experience so far. Maniacs everywhere pulling out in front of cars without enough gap/time.

Just got back from Cheltenham and it's a nightmare around there. Heard on the local radio someone say it had taken 2 hours to get around the ring road which is only a couple miles long iirc.

Saw a Mercedes SL500 bin it, smashed his bonnet and bumper. Then saw a Peugeot 307 almost slide into some pedestrians as he hit the brakes too hard on a hill.

Forest of Dean is pretty much clear apart from small sideroads which makes a change.

any idea how long it would take to get from north london at 2am to Gatwick by m25? we got a flight at 9am.. have to be there before 7.30.. mini cabs refusing to drive.. got a mate who will.. would be good to hear about the conditions on the road from people who were/are there.

any idea how long it would take to get from north london at 2am to Gatwick by m25? we got a flight at 9am.. have to be there before 7.30.. mini cabs refusing to drive.. got a mate who will.. would be good to hear about the conditions on the road from people who were/are there.

May be better to take the tube/overground?

Agree totally, however if there's 5 of them with a load of luggage then it coule be a little different (eg I wouldn't use the tube if I was going on a ski holiday, way to much baggage! :D).

There isn't actually that much snow around here, I expect that the M25 and M23, and basically any major road to be free of snow at that time. Had a quick look at the traffic cams, M25 j9-8 is free flowing and very quiet atm. So assuming you can get to the M25 you'll probably be fine.

Back
Top Bottom