It's snowing

Friend of mine had her flight to go back home cancelled, flying from Brum to Poland!

edit---->

She just text me now saying she won't be able to get home until Tuesday! :eek:

Last edited:
Wife called, her car is stuck while doing deliveries, now being driven around by the boss in his X5. She's saving on fuel i suppose!

Does it make me a bad person if i use the knowledge that she's going to be late getting home to play more TF2?

The M5 North from Worcester to Birmingham has been extremely severe all day. People stuck in 40 miles of traffic and going no where.

I drove over the M5 near Cheltenham earlier, the outside lane northbound was covered then with no-one using it. Southbound looked ok but was starting to catch some snow, but I don't know what it's like now.

Studley, Warwks.

img8071im.jpg

img8078r.jpg

img8079j.jpg

img8082jv.jpg

img8084dl.jpg

img8087x.jpg

I drove over the M5 near Cheltenham earlier, the outside lane northbound was covered then with no-one using it. Southbound looked ok but was starting to catch some snow, but I don't know what it's like now.
It was further North from Worcester where the M5 was complete standstill for 30 miles.
This is still the case by looks of Google Maps.

M5-North.jpg

Been no snow here since about 2pm but the temo on my car said it was -9.5 an hour ago, and by heck did it feel it!! Also got stuck coming up the road to our drive (uphill cul de sac).

theres been about 2/3inches of hail stones/sleet/snow its a weird mixture in the last 20 minutes on top of what we have already had over the past 2 days (8-9inches of snow)

I have to say though its funny seeing all the BMW's attemping to make it up a 3 ft hill and failing miserably and seeing someone in a corsa go past them :D

I have to say though its funny seeing all the BMW's attemping to make it up a 3 ft hill and failing miserably and seeing someone in a corsa go past them :D

Rear wheel drive cars (especially BMWs and Mercs) should be banned from the road in snow and ice. It took me almost 1.5 hours to do a 6 mile journey today, largely because every slight incline caused the road to be competely blocked by legions of BMWs and Mercs wheel-spinning and sliding sideways. What's the point in spending £30-50k on a flash car if it can't even go up a 1:50 gradient at the slightest hint of snow or ice?

Rear wheel drive cars (especially BMWs and Mercs) should be banned from the road in snow and ice. It took me almost 1.5 hours to do a 6 mile journey today, largely because every slight incline caused the road to be competely blocked by legions of BMWs and Mercs wheel-spinning and sliding sideways. What's the point in spending £30-50k on a flash car if it can't even go up a 1:50 gradient at the slightest hint of snow or ice?

I bet they all wished they were driving Corsas. Ah the shame.
I'd rather spend the night stuck in a frozen lay-by in a decent Merc over having to drive a Corsa every day of my life.

And I'm not a BWM or Merc fan either.

Yeah, I don't even risk it in mine. It's crazy. As others have said though, the other 51 weeks of the year more than compensate :)

What's the point in spending £30-50k on a flash car if it can't even go up a 1:50 gradient at the slightest hint of snow or ice?

So we can waft past other inferior road users like you, waving our middle finger and nursing our massive phalluses the other 51 weeks of the year.

Back
Top Bottom