It's snowing

Was stuck in London Victoria after being messed/lied to by national express staff about a bus that wasn't even running even tho they transferred me to heathrow even tho the bus wasn't even there or running.

Finally got a bus, to Bristol but managed to get the driver to drop me off at reading and we are currently in a travelodge in reading central.

God knows how I'm getting home tomorrow. Had 8-9 inches at home and allsurronding roads are chocka with snow and ice.

All trains have been canceled too and no buses running :(

Home is Cirencester btw the way, just north of Swindon.

Another Landy pic:

snowlandy.jpg

Is the M5 Northbound still bad? I'm supposed to be visiting the folks in South Yorkshire tomorrow and need to go that way (M4>M5>M42>M1). However, not going to risk it if it's still bad.

Is the M5 Northbound still bad? I'm supposed to be visiting the folks in South Yorkshire tomorrow and need to go that way (M4>M5>M42>M1). However, not going to risk it if it's still bad.

you can look at traffic cams on the beeb site somewhere

Sorry to clarify about my mention of Defenders - relative merits of the short vs long wheelbase - for a numpty.

It's all about Approach angle, LWB literally ground out where as SWB will be up & over without even a scrape, Manouveability as well obviously.

Experienced something today I've never experienced before, up until midday today we had no snow, it then started coming down quite heavily for an hour or so but, during this time, whilst we had heavy snow fall we also had a thunderstorm. Seeing lightning with snow falling just doesn't feel right.

Got a friend trapped in a service station near Worcester- he was trying to get from Surrey to Merseyside, M25/M40 were shut, then tried the M5 route and then that shut, and of course they didn't even want to try A roads. No room left at the travel lodge thing there, most things in the services are shut, don't envy him one bit!

kaiainthesnow.jpg

Back on topic now :) Still nothing more here in sheffield apart from the ice left from a few days ago. Even though it still feels freezing, some of the ice had turned to puddles on the car park overnight.

any idea how long it would take to get from north london at 2am to Gatwick by m25? we got a flight at 9am.. have to be there before 7.30.. mini cabs refusing to drive.. got a mate who will.. would be good to hear about the conditions on the road from people who were/are there.

Given what I have heard from my friends back home in Crawley about the snow, I doubt you will be flying tomorrow. Best to check first with your airline.

one guy down out street hates people parking outside his house, because they make it hard for him to get on his driveway... So what he has done is dug all the snow into a huge pipe of snow in that parking space... What does it matter if its a car or a pile of snow? LOL.

Back
Top Bottom