It's snowing

Pretty lucky here as there's some pretty white stuff about but nowt on the road, I do live on the main road into my town off the motorway though so it's always kept clear by traffic/Gritters.
Not enough about for me to bother going out looking for earners though. :(

Anyone know what Plymouth is like at the moment? Was meant to be driving there today but BBC says they have heavy snow now.

Had a 10 minute blast of snow, only gave 1cm or so (if that). Nothing happening right now but the sky isn't clearing like it usually does (had clear blue skies yesterday)

Whats London like?

Enough to cause chaos yesterday.
The traffic was crawling and very bad with lots of accidents. My Dad was on the M25 and he said it took him three hours to do one junction!

The roads became slushier as the day went on, but obviously the snow is still around and it froze over night.

I wouldn't bother driving.

Anyone know what Plymouth is like at the moment? Was meant to be driving there today but BBC says they have heavy snow now.

It's fine, all the main roads are clear. Plymouth barely gets any snow anyway.

There is no heavy snow out of my window, infact although there is loads of it laying on the ground from yesterday my car hasn't really had much more on it since yesterday.

Heading there myself as well - can't wait to get home :)
Train from London has been ok so far but loads of others have been delayed or cancelled.

still snowing...its already up to our waists... walking home from the pub last night in a blizzard i felt a bit like Dennis Quaid in The Day After Tomorrow...

the only thing that is comforting me is that everyone else will be getting this motherload after us :D

What, I have seen at least 10 people struggling to drive in just my street, I am not the AA, police even saying dont drive unless its EXTREMELY NECESSARY
Oops, my parents have just gone out in theirs... 2 inches of snow and a 4x4 hilowever, sure they'll cope.. ;)

I have seen loads of people going out in their cars, probably to the shops, I aint going helping someone that thinks they can drive in this weather, walk or dont bother going, simples.

Whilst out for a walk yesterday, I saw a car that just went too fast on a roundabout, went straight through the mini roundabout and crashed off the road on the other side and down a ditch. It's now stuck in the ditch with its rear wheels in the air....

It was just madness to go driving in it at the moment.

Yup, been out to the shop today for the sunday paper I walked and seen loads of cars heading to town, no doubt Christmas shopping, main roads are ok but still have slushy snow on it, side roads have like 2 inch of ice/snow nice and compacted

Stopped snowing in my area and the suns out.

Here's a photo from an hour ago
SAM_0380.jpg

Photo from Friday before it became heavy
SAM_0148.jpg

I was due to fly back from Madrid to Humberside via Amsterdam on Friday but got to the airport where they refused to book people onto routes going through Amsterdam. After nearly three hours queueing and being told that they'd no idea when I'd be able to get back to Humberside - I elected to take a direct flight to Heathrow from where I could get a train to Hull.

In theory I'd land at 1800 and be able to get a train Friday night. As it was, that flight was delayed and I eventually booked myself into a hotel near Kings Cross at 2130.

To then wake up to the scenes at Heathrow and Gatwick yesterday morning, I class myself as very lucky!

(The direct train was then cancelled and I'd missed my work Xmas party on Friday night, but I'll have to cope with that...)

It was just madness to go driving in it at the moment.

Not if you have half a brain it's not. Sadly far too many people dont have an ounce of common sense, as that video above clearly shows.

15 mile drive last night to go see "Shire Straits" :D play at their opening gig, they've been practising for a year so thought I'd better go and support them on their first public night.

Loads of 4x4's out this morning on my drive home.
I overtook most cars crawling along at 15 mph.

Back
Top Bottom