It's snowing

Went for a walk by myself at 11PM last night walking through the snow listening to Sigur Ross. Was somewhat amazing :\ Probably looked like a freak though :D

Went for a walk by myself at 11PM last night walking through the snow listening to Sigur Ross. Was somewhat amazing :\ Probably looked like a freak though :D

I walk our lurcher every night. I love it at this time of year when the hills are all snow covered with a fuller moon. Very peaceful, quite magical. :cool:

Got fat chance of getting the car out, plus none of the neighbours seem interested in clearing the snow. Looks like it's expensive Taxi to the station and train for work tomorrow.

This. Walking in the snow is awesome. Obviously with less people/cars about it's going to be quieter anyway but the snow seems to do some extra sound deadening and... yeah. Awesome.

Only one of my neighbours has gone out by car today. The pavements around here were treacherous late last night and nothing much has changed since. It’s definitely stay at home day.

Managed to get the car out (just drove over the snow) and parked it somewhere where I am more likely to get it out in the morning (is that what she said).

1.jpg

2.jpg

Cleared the street in 5 mins

Also had a JCB Clearing all the snow from our street. First time in a month.

The metoffice says i need to Take Action. Zom9

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/dg_forecast_warnings.html?day=1

:eek:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/guide/colour_warnings.html
Take action
Remain extra vigilant and ensure you access the latest weather forecast. Follow orders and any advice given by authorities under all circumstances and be prepared for extraordinary measures.

Nate

I thought you said you had loads of snow Cheets? That's not much more than we had here. :Confused:

So far today all 3 of our cars have been out and the paths are fine...

Was very fortunate to land back in Belfast yesterday - they had worked all night to clear the runway to keep the airport open. Was a lovely view coming in to land! Got home and there is about 10inches+ here. Just started snowing again now. It's nice to look at and all that but will be affecting so many small businesses around here so it's not all fun.

Was very fortunate to land back in Belfast yesterday - they had worked all night to clear the runway to keep the airport open. Was a lovely view coming in to land! Got home and there is about 10inches+ here. Just started snowing again now. It's nice to look at and all that but will be affecting so many small businesses around here so it's not all fun.

Aldergrove or the docks? I'm hoping to get in on Tuesday evening.

The snow here in stockport and down towards macclesfield has been lighter than last time a month back or whenever it was, yet people are acting like its the apocalypse or something! its pathetic.

In places where there is deep snow its fair enough, but i have had to deal with complete idiots on my drive to work yesterday who think that a gritted, snow and ice free main road ( A6 ) on a straight of about a mile in a national limit zone can only be driven on at 20mph while hitting your brakes every 5 seconds. :mad:

Then there are the morons in car parks who think that the best way to get moving in your car is to rev the nuts off it and hope your free spinning wheels might get some grip.... why are so many people completely unable to understand the concept of low revs and slow initial movement? utter retards.

Back
Top Bottom