It's snowing

heathrow was supposed to be a super airport though.... funny that so many flights got canceled because they couldnt de-ice planes.... ;)

Yay - my (work) flight to Copenhagen this morning has been cancelled. I can now work from home this week. :D Whilst I like Copenhagen, I really didn't want to be stuck there for Christmas...

Trains are looking slightly all cancelled for the next 30 mins.

Even trying to get out of my village then walk for an hour to the station seems like it will be a complete waste of time, then even if I can get into London, who says I can get out later on with more heavy snow this eve/tonight for us.

Might just work from home as for the first time I actually have enough with me.

Well,woke up unable to sleep and checked the met office station at gravesend just up the road,thought it felt a tad nippy ...

-10.3c ! :eek:

Im down on the Promenade in Gravesend, and Ive just taken the dog for a morning walk. According to my Vista sidebar it was minus twelve, and it felt it. I dont think I can ever remember experiencing such a low temperature. The marina I live by looks to have frozen over.

I'm stuck in the house! The sliding porch door won't budge and there's ice in the backdoor lock, meaning I can't even get the key in to open it. I'm supposed to be in work now, but I'm working my notice and due to leave on Thursday anyway......Oh well, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. :confused:

I'm stuck in the house! The sliding porch door won't budge and there's ice in the backdoor lock, meaning I can't even get the key in to open it. I'm supposed to be in work now, but I'm working my notice and due to leave on Thursday anyway......Oh well, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. :confused:

Kitchen window!!! or kick the door out :D

Unless you live on a main road, a road leading to a hospital or a major bus route you will be seeing no grit on your road from the Council ever!

LMAO!!

come to hastings, the last time we had snow last month, they didnt bother gritting the main road from hastings to London ( the A21 ), even this time round they haven't the roads been kept mildly clear due to weight of traffic

Couldn't even get 2 yards off the drive, never mind into work - and I actually wanted to go in today! I'm slightly disappointed :(

I've got 16 mince pies that I was going to take in for my birthday, who wants one?

Just reached my office on time. I live in Harrow, Middlesex. Busses were running fine, bus station was crammed at 7am with zombai like folk. The snow was around 2ft deep in our area and very powdery like so snowballs were a no-no :(

Fell over as I exited my house this morning and landed on my knees. The snow just didn't look that high until I took my first step :o

Just driven from North of Swindon to Wootton Bassett via the A419 and M4, pretty icy and snowy the whole way, even on the bigger roads. It's passable at the moment, but the first sign of more snow and I'm bailing out of the office. Even a couple of CM will cause big problems if it lands.

Oh, and it was -10 on the way to work, I think that's the lowest I've seen on the car thermometer so far. :cool:

Just driven from North of Swindon to Wootton Bassett via the A419 and M4, pretty icy and snowy the whole way, even on the bigger roads. It's passable at the moment, but the first sign of more snow and I'm bailing out of the office. Even a couple of CM will cause big problems if it lands.

Oh, and it was -10 on the way to work, I think that's the lowest I've seen on the car thermometer so far. :cool:
That is why college is closed to day :), actually my dad is basset at the moment it's a good job Vm are doing an install today, trying to get back to Swindon past 4 is gonna be a nightmare.

Well, I'm off work, but I have a docters appointment and a hospital appointment today...However cant get there as my cars frozen, tries to turn over but just cant :p

Dropped to -19 here apparently last night, currently at -13/-14

-12 this morning in Rickmansworth (Hertfordshire)! Good job I cleared the drive this morning! Roads weren't and haven't been gritted so it's 6" of snow where it's not compacted and solid ice where it is.

Work just moved all our car parking spaces to the underground which has about a 20/25degree slope in and out which is entirely out doors. I decided not to park in it today but to park by the back door of the office. One of only about 3 that managed to make it up the otherside of the slope :p think I'll be walking in tomorrow if there's no significant difference or if it snows again!

Edit: M25 when I drove on it on Friday wasn't clear and the slip roads were mostly untouched.

Delvis: that sucks you've been waiting ages for that appointment!

Well, I'm off work, but I have a docters appointment and a hospital appointment today...However cant get there as my cars frozen, tries to turn over but just cant :p

Dropped to -19 here apparently last night, currently at -13/-14

I'm in N. Beds and it is mental here too. East midlands is screwed :D

Cheltenham was a no go area yesterday. 8 inches of snow, same a Cirencester. It sucks :(

I think you are talking out of your bum hole!
We've had 3-4" at most.
Cheltenham is not a no go area at all.
Have been discussing the clueless drivers on my facebook and even a work colleage in his empty long wheel base crafter van drove fine.

Last night however was the coldest night we've had so far since my records began (28th nov)
-13.4 :eek:

Last edited:
Delvis: that sucks you've been waiting ages for that appointment!

Tell me about it!!! Been waiting nearly 2 months, and now my car decides to not start, brilliant eh? :p

I'm in N. Beds and it is mental here too. East midlands is screwed :D

Well i'm inbetween Milton Keynes and Buckingham sort of, in a village, and I'm not going anywhere...Funnily enough not because of the snow though

Back
Top Bottom