It's snowing

Was -14 in High Wycombe, Bucks. Just made it to Basingstoke (M4 was slowww), now it's started snowing here again :mad:

Been stuck in Bath with a mate over night so went sledging in a couple of those bags for life last night at about 10pm after a couple of pints. Was great fun!

Currently snowing consistently with small flakes here.

It's been snowing since I got up this morning! :cool:

Funny how the forecast didn't reckon on anything until after 12PM...

EDIT: Five minutes after posting it has stopped :(.

Last edited:
Snowing heavily in the county now. Roads were mixed conditions, the main trunk road was cleared so was fine but other parts have ice and local roads just loads of snow from before.

one thing that really REALLY enraged me on Saturday night after we had about 4 inches was the incosistancy between different councils.

I live about 1.5 miles from the border of West Yorkshire and Lancashire. Having come over a very twisty, fairly trecherous road (should it be left untouched after snow) that had been PERFECTLY cleared, even wide open throttle in 2nd at 40 resulted in no wheel spin, as i descended down the other side of the hill, I came to the "Welcome to Lancashire" sign. At this point, there is a side road big enough for a gritter to turn around, and you can see its tyre treads and and almost perfect line on the border of black tarmac on the West Yorks side and white snow/ice. On the lancashire side of the border. Crossing this line it was wheel spin at 1100rpm in 4th at 5mph type conditions, despite it being one of the main routes in and out of the town.

I thought perhaps they just havnt got to this part yet, but when i got into the town centre, it was also chaos, cars sliding everywhere, even a day later the conditions are now frozen slushy ice, where as back over that border into west yorkshire you can still see where the gritter has turned around, and the road conditions go back to being spot on!

What excuse can the rossendale borough council have for such ineptness when the council on the east of them have managed to absolutely nail it?

Back snowing here again.

img2150n.jpg

That's down in the city centre.

photo1uwv.jpg

And that's up out of town.

Last edited:
Snowing well at the moment, visibility has been reduced quite a lot. I can usually see the Severn Bridges and the other side of the River Severn itself from this window but now I can't even see the town centre.

p1020311h.jpg

Told my sister to come home from work now because the tyres on her Golf GTI are basically useless in anything other than dry conditions and there's solid ice under the snow on the road up to my house.

Can't believe how little snow we have had in Manchester. It's currently -10 outside, nice and sunny though. I think we have had a total of 2 days snow so far this year, I am off work for 2 weeks now, I want heavy snow!

even wide open throttle in 2nd at 40

WOT in 2nd at 40 in a 330? You were properly shifting. Not really advisable in such variable conditions really is it?

I'm sure though it would have been the councils fault if there was a patch of black ice on the corner of this apparently clear road, not yours :rolleyes:

[TW]Fox;18039774 said:
WOT in 2nd at 40 in a 330? You were properly shifting. Not really advisable in such variable conditions really is it?

I'm sure though it would have been the councils fault if there was a patch of black ice on the corner of this apparently clear road, not yours :rolleyes:

Heh, indeed...Amount of people I've seen wheel spinning up the road is just amusing

Back
Top Bottom