It's snowing

The view from work this morning

img20101220122224.jpg

[TW]Fox;18039774 said:
WOT in 2nd at 40 in a 330? You were properly shifting. Not really advisable in such variable conditions really is it?

I'm sure though it would have been the councils fault if there was a patch of black ice on the corner of this apparently clear road, not yours :rolleyes:

it was not typical of my driving but a test to see traction, tried in 5th, 4th, 3rd, and 2nd on a wide straight with nothing coming.....corners were still be negotiated at <10mph and minimal throttle. It was for about half a second? Also, the conditions were not variable as I hadnt actually seen any bad roads having come from West Yorkshire where i'd been staying overnight, all the roads were nice until lancashire.

Way to ignore the rest of my post though as usual :)

Last edited:
Nah I'm in Taunton/Bridgwater now :) I left Plymouth on Friday and beat the worst of it

Last edited:
North London's due to get a load of snow in about an hour's time - can see it coming in on the radar.

corners were still be negotiated at <10mph and minimal throttle.

Also, the conditions were not variable as I hadnt actually seen any bad roads having come from West Yorkshire where i'd been staying overnight, all the roads were nice until lancashire.

Way to contradict yourself. They were obviously bad enough for you to take corners at under 10mph ;)

[TW]Fox;18040016 said:
Way to contradict yourself. They were obviously bad enough for you to take corners at under 10mph ;)

It was sub zero with snow at the side of the roads, and they are tight corners? some >90 degrees. So despite the actual surfaces being fine, as you say about black ice.....

@Markopolo
Have i read that right ? Is the wind blowing it down toward the south east ? If so Sweet.

It is more the pressure dictating things atm, the wind is mostly Easterly (so heading the other way ;)

But yeah, looks like we are all due a covering today in the South East

Course, I know naff all about the weather...

Last edited:
Does anyone know how deep it is in cirencester, It looks like swindon got a mild shower and has not really effected it. Looking at ciren on the radar it seems they must have got quite a bit more.

-10.5 here. Car took 10 minutes to even get it off the drive. Then on the road, anything more than lightly touching the throttle resulted in traction control and even just touching the brakes made the ABS kick in - the road didn't even look *that* bad, but it was so slippery.

Still - didn't stop ANOTHER van driver coming up within 2 metres of me, then just as i was indicating to pull over, he overtook and almost span his POS as he blasted past. I honestly don't know how some people are SO stupid - actually yes i do - if he had a brain he wouldn't be driving a delivery van. Annoyed me so much i reported him to the police (first time i have done this in 5 years of driving).

White Van Men - never has a stereotype been so accurate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom