It's snowing

I've just ordered myself some of those Radflek radiator reflector panels. Hopefully that'll reduce the heating bills a bit.

Really looking forward to the snow but I doubt we'll get any in the Midlands until late Nov or early December.

Snow on the mountains around us last week and last Wednesday it did'nt go above zero degrees until after one in the afternoon. Heatings been on for weeks now. The summer was a similar pattern to the one we had in 2010 and that turned out to be a hard winter. After getting off so lightly last year i reckon this is going to be a bad one for us up here.

Same here. If I'm getting up at 6:30AM, I need all the help I can get.

Getting the house insulated properly during renovation was a good call.. it was 17.5 degrees this morning when I got up. I haven't had the heating on for several months!

Forecasters are warning that the first blast of cold weather from the Arctic is on its way and will be with us at the weekend. So get those shovels ready.

Never used those panels, I bought a couple of Radiator Foil 500mm x 5m rolls from Screwfix, for behind the radiators.

A bit off topic but does this stuff actually make any difference?

I'm currently in the process of cleaning out the system using Fernox as it hasn't been done in the 15-20 years its been installed :eek:. Going to also take all rads off and rinse them through with a hose and paint behind them. Just wondering if it would be worth getting some of this while the rads are off...

Not been too cold here yet. It was like mid summer yesterday. Only had the heating on for an hour a day to let this fernox do its job.

Not been too cold here yet. It was like mid summer yesterday. Only had the heating on for an hour a day to let this fernox do its job.

dont worry mark im sure the roads will be like sheets of ice in no time just like the last two years, as for the weather last few days has been nice and sunny shame todays back to wind and rain.

Back
Top Bottom