It's snowing

A bit off topic but does this stuff actually make any difference?

I'm currently in the process of cleaning out the system using Fernox as it hasn't been done in the 15-20 years its been installed :eek:. Going to also take all rads off and rinse them through with a hose and paint behind them. Just wondering if it would be worth getting some of this while the rads are off...

Never used the reflector panels, but they apparently they improve radiator efficiency by 10-20%.
The rolls of radiator foil I used is stuck on with wallpaper paste, & it's stop the walls getting warm, so it must be doing some good.

Don't know how old your radiators are, but I have just flushed mine, & now two have developed a pin ***** leak.:(

Can't pri.. word.:eek:

Last edited:
I hope it doesn't snow yet, i've got 12 miles of this to drive to work and back atm...

8112957550_8c91d88e0e_b.jpg

And this won't be too pleasant in the snow either...

8105800811_e1a3939c31_b.jpg

Last edited:
I hope it doesn't snow yet, i've got 12 miles of this to drive to work and back atm...

And this won't be too pleasant in the snow either...

[img][/QUOTE]

That can't be much fun when it rains and you'll be stuck if it snows. Are you going to have that drive all winter?

That can't be much fun when it rains and you'll be stuck if it snows. Are you going to have that drive all winter?

Not sure yet, i'm there at least 4 weeks, but could be there till xmas apparently. It's 12 miles that way or i can go around the dales (route i'm not sure of yet) but that's a lot further, and is still pretty small roads. That route goes right over the top of the dales (600m in the air) that i'm taking at the moment, it's a stunning drive when it's nice as you can probably tell, but it's horrible at night as it is, and wen it snows i won't even be able to see the road! I'm going to express my concern on Wednesday when i go back to work.

Driving over those hills in the snow would be a total PITA but on the reverse side of that, the scenery would look amazing! Camera, flask and some grub in backpack. Happy days.

But then how would I get there? Hmmm.

"Wintry showers north and east tonight, dry and frosty elsewhere." ... or so says BBC Weather.

Has anyone from those areas had any snow yet? If so, get some pictures posted in here.

Back
Top Bottom