[ITT: Charitable donations]Skywalker's daughter, Bethany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
This had me in tears. :(

Right, about to donate via PayPal.

Also, as I don't visit GD that often and most of you GD'ers wont know what I do for a living, just a "heads up".

I'm a firefighter with Central Scotland Fire & Rescue Service.

Every year, we get involved and run events and various daft things that raise money for good causes.

I'm on it......I'll see what I can get sorted for Beth over the next week or so.

Leave it with me, for a start, there will be a notice going up on our stations noticeboard about this asking for donations. 40 guys in our station, I'm sure we can come up with a wee donation between us all.

In the meantime, I'll discuss this at shift level and see if we can get a "sponsored something" organised.

Cheers,

Gaz.

Nice one! :)

Soldato
I didn't want to post in here and take away the credit of the great donations, or try to jump on the bandwagon, but what this community has done is breathtaking, I to have followed all the threads and hope that all goes well, bethany reminds me of my niece and I will look into a donation myself

k3v

k3v

Associate
the amount raised so far is tremendous considering the short amount of time it has been running and i'm sure it will grow substantionally when the bank transfers come in. well done everyone involved.

Soldato
:confused:

I just tried to get Halifax to set up a transfer...and they have to authorise the account before I can do it. :confused:

I've always just told it sort code and account number and it's allowed me to then set an amount...so whilst I want to send money now, quickly and cleanly (without PP fees) I have to wait ages for them to allow it. :confused:

She seems like a really sweet and deserving kid. :)

InvG

Soldato
:confused:

I just tried to get Halifax to set up a transfer...and they have to authorise the account before I can do it. :confused:

I've always just told it sort code and account number and it's allowed me to then set an amount...so whilst I want to send money now, quickly and cleanly (without PP fees) I have to wait ages for them to allow it. :confused:

She seems like a really sweet and deserving kid. :)

InvG

They may well phone you just to clarify you did actually set the BT up. Otherwise you may find it's done within hours automatically. You'll get an email to say when it's set up :)

Soldato
They may well phone you just to clarify you did actually set the BT up. Otherwise you may find it's done within hours automatically. You'll get an email to say when it's set up :)

Cool, thanks for the info...clever me didn't really pay much attention to the page after clicking submit...it's silly though as they are only confirming the account, not even the money. Always used to just enter account, then next screen was money and when to take it out. I guess with it all being faster now they want to confirm first, rather than losing your money quickly.

InvG

Soldato
You don't need to keep asking for updates guys, I'll update you whenever I can :)

Bank Xfer amount - £410.48 - does not reflect any pending payments

PayPal amount - £1,427.28 GBP

GRAND TOTAL: £1837.76

Awesome work people.

Awesome

Gilly small request - can you update the first post with the info so we dont have to scroll through looking for them?

Associate
Not heard of this before and now i sit here barely able to see after watchin that vid.

Paypal sent, not a lot but i see it's all adding up nicely, thats what? 30 hours and almost 2k already!

Soldato
Skywalker - Just knocked this up in Word - It will be going up on all 4 wholetime fire stations noticeboards in Central Scotland next week:-

Click here to download Beth.doc

Does that look ok to you?. I'm just not sure if I've worded it properly or not?.

My email is in my trust, get in touch if you want to chat, I'm more than glad to help out on this m8.

k3v

k3v

Associate
Skywalker - Just knocked this up in Word - It will be going up on all 4 wholetime fire stations noticeboards in Central Scotland next week:-

Click here to download Beth.doc

Does that look ok to you?. I'm just not sure if I've worded it properly or not?.

My email is in my trust, get in touch if you want to chat, I'm more than glad to help out on this m8.

nice gesture fella :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom