[ITT: Charitable donations]Skywalker's daughter, Bethany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That is awesome. Really hope it helps her and her family out. Glad I contributed something to it :)

Good luck, I won't be on here for a few months, but hopefully there'll be some good news for her when or if I come back.

Caporegime
Wow - been travelling due to work this week, but been reading Skywalkers thread and only just saw this today...

Good Work Fellas - Ill be sending some monry via BT in 2 minutes...

Im not sure what medical treatments she will need but I hope this amount helps you get on the way...

EDIT: Done...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Very rarely venture into GD, but I remember reading Skywalker's original post from way back when and have read through the others now too. So sorry to hear of this mate, can't imagine how difficult it must be for you all :(. I'm a Tesco worker too, and can say they tend to show bugger-all compassion to staff, even with cases like this.

Belatedly sent some money via paypal. Not as much as I'd like, as I'm mid-way through the pay month, but Every Little Helps! (d'oh!).

Soldato
Remember the original post and have just read all the updates, devastated for you and have sent the equivilent to what I earnt in my work today. Hope the money can make a difference and best wishes.

Soldato
Just checking the running total as I've been in that place called "the outside" for most of the day... glad to see it's so high, and I'm confident we'll get to £3K in a couple of days once the bank transfers go through.

Unfortunately Faster Payments is only accepting payments of a fiver and only relates to 5% of transactions during phase 1... and not all banks are doing inbound & outbound transx yet. It'll increase to £100 in the next week or 2, and 50% of transx in a few weeks/months. By the end of the year, it's supposed to be all online/phone transx up to £10K.

For info, you can check whether an account is set-up to receive Faster Payments transx here... http://www.apacs.org.uk/sortcodechecker/

Anyway, well done those of us who have donated. I feel very proud to be a part of the OcUK community right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom