[ITT: Charitable donations]Skywalker's daughter, Bethany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Such a horrific story, i wish all the luck for beth and her family :(
Donated what i could manage...not exactly a fortune, being a student and all.

No one should ever justify what they give - some will give a lot some will give a little.

Someone who is on an average wage giving £10 is worth far more than someone who earns lots and donates £200.

Every penny will help and everyone should be proud of what they have given regardless of amount.

Man of Honour
OP
I did say that I would update whenever possible. I was waiting for it to tick past £3k.

Bank transfer fund: £955.48
PayPal fund: £2057.72

Total amount: £3013.20

Soldato
I did say that I would update whenever possible. I was waiting for it to tick past £3k.

Bank transfer fund: £955.48
PayPal fund: £2057.72

Total amount: £3013.20

Just like to say Gilly, nice one for making this thread and bringing into light the situation, its good to see a group of members from the community putting there heads together and getting that money together at a fast rate, lets all hope it goes to making bethanys life easier.

Caporegime
Simply amazing. Hopefully Skywalker can update us on what he plans on doing :)

I doubt he could say at this time, until he knows exactly how much the scans will be.
I'm sure it will all be spent on scans/care / replacement of lost money due to time off / toys/gifts.
I also hope that some of the money will be spent on Skywalker and his wife, even if its just a babysitter and a meal out in a pub somewhere on their own :]

Associate
Just found this thread and will happily donate something, You are an amazing lot!

I think that Skywalker should use any money left over to treat the family to a much needed ( i imagine) break.

Caporegime
Well, with just under £3,000 (£2733) needed for the whole procedure, we've done well :).

After making enquiries about moving Bethany's scan forward at Addenbrooke's, she would need to be referred :(. I've done all I can sadly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom