Jaaaaaag Owners

That was a good article Lashout, I enjoyed reading that. I'm surprised the Jag was as clean and problem free as it was for 500 quid, I know you can get good ones cheap, but I'd have expected to pay more like 1500 pounds for something that you could actually do more than 140mph in and then drive home later. Impressive stuff from the grand old fella though.

So how long have you worked for Autocar then? ...it might be old news, but I had no idea :)

Oh for gods sake.... Popped out for a look at the local JLR dealer and seem to have accidentally bought a 2012 3.0 DS Premium Luxury ;)

Jxe7U8U.jpg

You lot are trouble, remind me to keep clear of nice car threads next time :) :D

Snap, what upgrades does it have, mine has the reversing camera but is otherwise standard

I wanted the camera but unfortunately it doesn't have it although it does have rear sensors. Not sure which bits are standard or options. I think it's pretty standard although it does have vented leather front heated/cooling seats, BLIS, 60/40 split rear seats, DAB, Jaguarsports interior & alloy space saver spare which may, or may not be standard for a 12 plate depending where I read. I'm presuming most of those are actually standard. Pondering seeing if they can dealer fit front parking sensors of it that would be prohibitively expensive.

Got a decentish deal; from their first offer got the price down, then got them to up the trade in on mine, then they threw in Bodycare treatment (seems to be their default discount option - anyone know what exactly it is, I'm assuming posh polish and carpet treatment etc.), Got them to do the latest updates for the SatNav etc, years road tax and a tank for fuel. Last thing will be to see if they'll throw in a Jag umbrella when I go to pick it up. :)

Was quite tempted by a black portfolio but it £3.5K more, 17k miles instead of 10 and to be honest I absolutely love the Lunar grey colour. :)

Last edited:
Having now had 3 I'd not want one without the camera or the front sensors as they are utter %$£$%^% to park without them as you can't see the corners at all.

The heated/cooled seats are standard, Blind Spot is optional.

Oh don't tell me that now...! :)

Anyone any idea if front/camera option can be dealer fit without having to give them a kidney ( I suppose I could just ask them but where's the fun in that?) :)

General opinion is that its not a retrofit thing, sorry.
So it would seem having a poke around although there are some suggestions all it needs is the camera and a short loom section. I'm not going to be doing it either way :)

Not to worry, will just have to park back in first and hope the sensors are decent :)

J1nxy, quick question for you, as the dealer has agreed to update my Satnav maps to the most recent version is there any easy way to be able to tell or get a revision/update number? Not that I doubt they would do it but it suppose as a non standard request it could get missed.

J1nxy, quick question for you, as the dealer has agreed to update my Satnav maps to the most recent version is there any easy way to be able to tell or get a revision/update number? Not that I doubt they would do it but it suppose as a non standard request it could get missed.

If you press the Valet button 20 times there is a software menu appears I believe.

Yes sorry, I ment the SV8.

It's less efficient than the 5.0 engine in the XFR, doesn't have the diff or the newer active suspension, basically it's a mild upgrade of the the S type r running gear. The seats thou are rubbish, they give no lateral grip at all as they are not the big sports seats out of the XFR or Sport interior.

I got 29mpg once out of my XFR but averaged around 22 over 6000 mostly motorway miles. As a comparison my 3.0 DS did 52.5 on the trip to my n laws yesterday.

You're just trying to get me to sit in the car locking/unlocking the glove box 20 times aren't you ;)

Bloody hell that's good for a car that quick/heavy!!!!

The valet Button is on the Satnav screen ;)

Its the best I've seen on a decent run to date, return journey was only 47 but I was travelling a bit faster and its more uphill...

Thanks J1nxy

Say I am only daydreaming at the moment. I want my next car to be a V8 and I would love to own a Jag.

Keep watching the prices coming down on the XF's.

Bugger, I want a XF 3.0 DS now, had been planning on a Disco HSE. One extreme to another... :)

Get one, loving mine after a month :D

Oh for gods sake.... Popped out for a look at the local JLR dealer and seem to have accidentally bought a 2012 3.0 DS Premium Luxury ;)

<snip>

You lot are trouble, remind me to keep clear of nice car threads next time :) :D

Um, I guess this is my fault then.... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the club :p

As a comparison my 3.0 DS did 52.5 on the trip to my n laws yesterday.

What?? I think mine must be broken then! I never get much more than 35, even on longer runs. I might get 37-39 if i reset the trip when i join the motorway and drive like a granny with added spidey-senses!

What fuel are you using, i just use regular diesel. Perhaps i am missing a trick?

What?? I think mine must be broken then! I never get much more than 35, even on longer runs. I might get 37-39 if i reset the trip when i join the motorway and drive like a granny with added spidey-senses!

What fuel are you using, i just use regular diesel. Perhaps i am missing a trick?

I've had my 3.0D S for around 5 weeks now, and generally get more or less 40mpg per the Trip Computer for Poole - Brentford commute. Tend to have the cruise set to 85, although not much time is actually spent at that due to M3 shenanigans......did make one Sunday evening trip a bit quicker, and that returned 38 with cruise at 90.
Round about town, still seem to get 30 or so, even with shortish trips, and a recent trip out in the countryside on traffic-laden A roads got me close to 40 also.
Can't seem to do any better, but - for the sort of trips and speeds I am very pleased with the fuel economy.

Mine is the facelifted car so has the 8 speed box, but I set the cruise at 75 (1500 rpm) and got a pretty clear run, I typically get mid to high 40's but that is the 1st time I've ever got over 50 on a run. That was over about 100 miles and I use the auto trip computer so it resets at each journey, but that did include a warm up cycle and getting onto the motorway.

Back
Top Bottom