Jaaaaaag Owners

I never get much more than 35, even on longer runs. I might get 37-39 if i reset the trip when i join the motorway and drive like a granny with added spidey-senses!
That's normal for the 6 speed, especially from a cold start. Low 20s (sometimes teens) in the city, mid 30s at motorway speeds. Mine regularly averages 7-10mpg more on the return journey though once it's all warm, it takes a fairly long time for it to fully warm up.

I had mine show 52 once after 15 miles in a 50mph average zone, starting with a warm engine/gearbox from some services.

My 6 Speed I saw early to mid 40's on the same journey as I got that number out of my 8 speed, highest I ever got on a long run was 47.1, XFR got me 28.9 ;)

Interesting! Thanks for the info!
I had the 8 speed for a while whilst mine was being repaired, and now I think about it, it was a bit lighter on fuel...

Anyway, it goes in again this week to have the AM radio module replaced, and the fuel bowl changed. As the filler cap is not sitting totally flush. I was promised another car whilst mine is in, I am praying for an F-type and some wet weather :p I expect I will get a 2.2D base spec XF though :(

Quick one for you J1nxy (or anyone else). Any ideas what the standard difference is between the PL and the Portfolio on a MY12? So far it looks like BLIS, B+W stereo and rear cameras/front sensors. Anything else?

Quick one for you J1nxy (or anyone else). Any ideas what the standard difference is between the PL and the Portfolio on a MY12? So far it looks like BLIS, B+W stereo and rear cameras/front sensors. Anything else?

Going from memory here ... but I think a softer leather on the seats. More seat adjustments (18/20 way vs 12), different choices of paints and wood, different material for the roof lining. Possibly window blinds (may be confusing this one with the XJ).

I got a 2013 V6 D sportbrake for my temp car.

Mildly interesting, but not actually had a chance to look at the boot!

Jaguar called me to say they had done a free check, and wanted to replace my front brake pads for 340 quid?!

I checked online, and I can get OEM pads and a sensor for £50... I think I might just carry out the work myself!!

The PL and Portfolio DS models are very similar on the facelifted cars. The differences are

Suede cloth headlining
Different wheel design Hydra twin 5 spokes instead of Draco multispoke
B&W stereo upgrade 1200w all cars have iPod/usb and if it's a My12.25 or newer dab was standard along with split folding rear seats
Luxury floor mats
Tyre pressure monitoring system

The seats and suspension etc are identical. Blind spot and reverse camera are optional on all specs.

Fantastic, thanks J1nxy, I should say I really appreciate your advice and informative posts throughout this thread, you've been a huge help.

Anyone know if you can retrofit the chrome side vents on the XF? I saw them on a car almost identical to mine the other day and they looked pretty good! Better than on a lot of the other colours

Anyone know if you can retrofit the chrome side vents on the XF? I saw them on a car almost identical to mine the other day and they looked pretty good! Better than on a lot of the other colours

Yes you can they are a dealer fit option along with the wing mirror covers. Personally hate them both as they add too much "bling" to the car.

Yeah, that's why I avoided them before. But seeing just the side vents on the same colour car I have, they actually look smart. But not sure if they would get old quite quickly once the novelty wore off

If they were a cheap fit and were removable then I'd go for it. I saw some kits on eBay that were removable but would rather go the official route.

Back
Top Bottom