Jaaaaaag Owners

A few weeks ago a LHD lorry did not see me and dove into the rear quarter of my Jag. I was pretty annoyed as i knew given the situation claiming any money back though his insurance would take a long time given that it wasnt a UK vehicle. Fortunately after having a look at the damage it was not as bad as i first thought and what i thought were scratches turned out to be paint from his vehicle. So i pushed the dent out from the inside and spent a bit of time with some rubbing compound to remove the white paint. I still need to touch up a few small areas but im pretty pleased with what i achieved in less than an hour.

7foa.jpg

46ys.jpg

v5s2.jpg

This car has a few scars now and is effectively worth sod all, so i think i might go a bit crazy and go with a slammed ratty look. i think i could make it look quite mean.

Anyone know where the drain holes are on the doors on an XF?

My drivers side door is filling with water quite quickly at the moment due to driving a lot long distance in the rain. When braking/coming to a stop/pulling away, I can hear a lot of water sloshing about in the door, must be quite a fair amount

It's booked to go in for it's MOT on Tuesday, so they said they could look then, but usually with this sort of thing it's just a blocked drain hole that needs to be cleared. Only trouble is, I can't see or feel one anywhere, any ideas guys?

I've had the loan of a 3.0 V6 S F Type today. What an awesome bit of kit. It sounds incredible, was a lovely interior and drove superbly. Not liking the Orange colour of the one they lent me but if the numbers had stacked up on the Stratus Grey they had there I'd have had there arm off...

It's quite a flat colour in the metal, but even so I'd never have orange or any other bright colour on my car , black or dark grey would be the choice. Did spend about 99%.of the time with the exhaust open though which even at very low speeds makes an incredible noise. Mind turn the exhaust off and it makes a great cruiser and is pretty quiet.

Had my XF 4.2 for a month or two now and its been pretty good.

Sounds great, seems ok on fuel at mid twenties.

A few issues:

1. Balancing is a pain, slight wobble at exactly 70 - booked in
2. Rear camera doesnt work sometimes - again, booked in under warranty

Its going in on Friday so we'll see how Glasgow Jaguar are, they are in the same dealer as my old Volvo place so its nice enough to work from.

The car is good, DAB is decent too, not lost signal yet which is a surprise. The best part is the noise, love it. Goes well of course but I dont really use it much for power :(

Hmm, things not going great. Car wise, I do enjoy but I'm not impressed with Jaguar so far :(

Long story short, the camera issue is water in the boot. Not covered by warranty. Dealer can only get it in to investigate in April and it might take a while. £20/day for a courtesy car.

Needs two new tyres, abnormal wear in the centre of the offside tyres, this is causing the rumble.

Dealing with customers services, polite, but not helping. Not willing to help get a car while its being fixed and not interested in the tyres of course.

On top of this, low battery warning coming up, smart keys not working at times (replaced batts twice) and it started rough once, as if down a cylinder.

Magic!

Sigh!

Ouch, sounds like a pain!
Mine has developed a slight wobble too, turns out its a slightly buckled alloy due to a Pothole I think. Still, will take that over my e92 that used to crack alloys in a regular basis! used to cost me around 1k a time!

The dealer actually said it might be worth moving the buckled one to the rear to reduce the effect a bit, otherwise get it repaired.

Good luck getting it sorted!

Back
Top Bottom