Jaaaaaag Owners

See I'm looking at diagrams like this one from the workshop manual which while not explicit strongly gives the impression of two sensors per bank
O2%20sensors.png

If there is a third sensor, what does it do? :confused:

Now that I've joined the Jaaaaaaaaaaaag club :) any recommendations on a reasonably priced reasonably competent mechanic in the Sheffield area?
My usual mechanic tells me there are 6 lambda sensors on the 4.2L V8 S-type, I don't believe him, so slightly reluctant to use them for this car :p

Thanks

I would recommend you speak to Tony at Paragon, he knows everything there is to know about the 4.2v8 and I trust him.
He's based near Buxton, so just up the road from you.
http://www.paragondesignuk.com/

Had my XF S in for parking sensor replacement yesterday, and dealer lent me a 2.2D Business - was slightly worried I was going to end up with the Peugeot 308!
The 2.2D certainly felt initially spritely - guessing that is down to the 8 gears to my car's 6 - but quickly ran out of steam. Certainly a noisier and less refined engine. Also, the interior is really quite disappointing, coming from my PL spec. In contrast, however, I did like the updated media etc. interface - a lot better layout and responsiveness to my car's albeit with less features on the spec of the car.

Back
Top Bottom