Jaaaaaag Owners

Got my Xe delivered earlier in the week. Not sure about the infotainment in comparison to a BMW. But the drive is fantastic and its really nice to have a petrol engine again.

Got my Xe delivered earlier in the week. Not sure about the infotainment in comparison to a BMW. But the drive is fantastic and its really nice to have a petrol engine again.

Get your camera out slacker ! I was holding out for the XE to replace my X-Type, but unexpectedly inherited some money. Curious to see what would have been with different circumstances.

That's a lovely colour combo on yours too! A cream or light interior is a must on these as well imo, just suits the rest of the interior so well

Thank-you :) I wanted something that definitely wasn't a wedding, funeral or chauffeured barge. I'd seen that Crystal Blue on the XF and really liked it. We were originally going to go for a dark interior (children and muddy shoes ...) but the test driver we had from the dealer was the light tan interior and made it feel so spacious inside that the missus and I both wanted to change - so the dove grey leather instead to go with the blue.

The XJ is BIG, but you really don't notice when driving. It is very responsive, not the old fashioned wallowy barge at all. My missus quite happily steals it now and then and only really notices the height difference between it and her Mitsi ASX (and auto instead of manual).

I know we have a few XJ owners in here, was hoping to get some advice

I'm looking to upgrade to an XJ in a few months (possibly August when I've had the XF a year) and wondering if anyone had done similar and if it would feel like much of a change? I know it seems early to ask now but I wanted to start looking at them now so I'm pretty clued up when it comes to properly searching.

I'm looking at the 3.0 V6 unless I can find a stupidly good deal on a 5.0 but I doubt it :p

Are there any must have options? Is the LWB version practical for a daily driver? As in is it a nightmare with parking in most places? I'm paranoid about my cars at the best of times, but if it's sticking out a country mile in a busy multi-story then I'll never be able to relax :D

I went from an 09 plate XF 3.0DS Portfolio to an 60 plate XJ 3.0D portfolio. The XJ seems a lot larger but isn't by much in reality and weighs pretty much the same being aluminium.

The quality difference is very noticeable as you would expect, the B&W system is very good and an improvement. The panoramic roof is worth having as it makes it a nice airy place to be. The XJ has the higher output engine like the 3.0DS XF.

I love mine, it's been a fantastic car although I am debating changing it to a Supersport for the v8.

76AA9FA0-172E-4BD6-BA91-96E37725C7F7_zpsxwaapsaa.jpg

Here's one

What's this hatch type thing on my F Type?

It looks like a button above but I have pressed it roof up/down and car locked unlocked and nothing happens, manual doesn't say anything

Ay7XZ4th.jpg

[TW]Fox;29357075 said:
Through load hatch. If it does nothing its probably a really lazy attempt at blanking it off on models without that option.

I thought that and maybe blocked as a load hatch is not use on soft top as it would go through roof storage space, as you say its a poor blocking job if it is

ok I will have a look through all the menus thanks

If that's an option it makes sense as I rang my mate who has an S coupe and he didn't have a button there

right then, this hatch

turns out there was a piece of paper stuck in the catch, removed and works ok to open a storage box when you press button

now here is where it get's bizarre :p in normal use the hatch stays closed and opens if you press the button as it should, however when you park up and lock the car as the doors lock the hatch catch releases and the door opens itself (hinged from bottom) :p it seems the paper had been deliberately put there to stop this happening

Back
Top Bottom