Jaaaaaag Owners

The sill plates are actually just a dealer ordered accessory. They will fit thecustom ones when the car is delivered and I'll keep the standard ones to refit when I need to. Only takes about 1.5 hours for the dealer to change them over.

But yes, you could say its a bit naff...but I used to be that guy with his name stitched on his football boots as well :D

Currently looking (extended test drive at the weekend) at a new XF Sportbrake 300 Sport - either the Petrol or Diesel, not decided yet.

Any thoughts or experience on this model?

I have the 3.0 D v6 XFS which is a very nice place to be. The engine is powerful and gets decent economy so like most big diesels is a pretty decent compromise. The XFS comes well kitted as standard but mine has a lot ofof the option list dropped on it, but as a minimum I'd be want the drivers display (LCD dash), keyless entry, reverse camera, upgraded 380w+ sound system and 18 way memory seats. They all now come with the larger satnav and its just had and update to enable carplay/android auto.

Actually now having looked again the XF 300 Sport once you add on things like keyless entry and reverse camera is not million miles of the XFS...

Currently looking (extended test drive at the weekend) at a new XF Sportbrake 300 Sport - either the Petrol or Diesel, not decided yet.

Any thoughts or experience on this model?

I really rate the TDV6. Just more of an event and torque suits it. I didn’t really like the 300bhp in an E PACE. Took too much winding up for an SUV and I’m not more sure that would be any better in a large estate.

300 petrol will save about £3k on price and bonus of AWD unlike the V6 diesel where 700Nm just makes everything effortless if a little lively at times.

Interesting to hear how you get on.

Just had a look on configurator. Sport 300 gets the smaller fuel tank aswell, 180W not 380W stereo, neither adaptive or configurable dynamics with sports suspension. Looks a bit tamer aswell and you need to like yellow.

Guess it depends what incentives it has!

what is the difference between xe and xf?

ive speced up both the same and they tend to come in around the £44k mark.

... not enough.

Same front cabin environment with slightly more headroom. Wheelbase is 125mm longer so passengers in back have more leg and knee room and sit slightly further apart. Boot larger due to bigger rear overhang. XE has sixth light on the door not bodyside.

Better powertrain options in XF as you can get the TDV6.

Better powertrain options in XF as you can get the TDV6.

i have been looking at the petrol 250ps auto XE. i do less than 3000 per year at the moment. it would go up if i got a 4 door car but i doubt it would go over 6k miles. we use the wifes car when ever we go anywhere as a family, ease of getting in and out of the child seat.

anything is going to be better than the 19mpg i get from my 57 330i

If you are only getting 19mpg from a 330i you are not doing to get 40mpg from an XE. the 330i is not an inefficient car, infact a 57 plate is about as efficient as it gets for such an engine. This would suggest you've got a very harsh usage profile meaning nothing really is going to be great fuel efficiency wise.

If you are only getting 19mpg from a 330i you are not doing to get 40mpg from an XE. the 330i is not an inefficient car, infact a 57 plate is about as efficient as it gets for such an engine. This would suggest you've got a very harsh usage profile meaning nothing really is going to be great fuel efficiency wise.

my commute is 3 miles each way on a normal road, i hardly get up to even 40mph. i'm not really bothered about fuel usage though, i spent £10 a week at the pump.

i would though say i drive pretty fuel efficient, i'm a truck driver and drive defensively all day so its hard not to do it in my car. it does tend to give 35-40mpg on a motorway but i hardly ever drive on one.

That would change if i got a 4 door car though as my car would be used more than the wifes, a Nissan juke :/ i am looking at a few different cars though but want something with similar performance to the current car.

Hmmmm I'm surprised no one uses this thread. Lots of jags on the roads these days.

Looking at getting either a xf or a xe I've got around 10k to spend so looking at 2010-2012 plate cars. Is there anything I should look out for? Any specs that are a must?

Cheers

The XE didn't come out until 2015 so I'm not sure how you're going to find a 2010-12 one for 10k? I'd be surprised if this budget buys anything other than a really old XF.

Back
Top Bottom