January Transfer Window 2010/2011 Season Rumours/Signings

Soldato
Owen's groin injury isnt as bad as first thought - possibly only 2 weeks out (according to Starsports anyway - from the De Rossi story)

according to SS, De Rossi could be a player swap with Anderson and/or Macheda going in the opposite direction

Not sure I would want to lose either of those two even though De Rossi is exactly what Utd need......its only the Star so it could (probably IS) all bs lol
(I guess Macheda would be the "easiest" to lose, simply because at present/next season his playing time would be limitied the way Utd's three main strikers are going..and with Welbeck possibly coming back)

Didnt know Roma is potentially being bought by partners in Redsox to Liverpool's new owners

daz

daz

Soldato
Talk of Spurs having a "first refusal" option on Connor Wickham, and that his recently signed contract until 2013 contains a minimum fee clause of somewhere in the region of £10m-£15m. Amazing talent... I don't think we'll be able to hold on to him at Ipswich given his current form but I'd hate to see him move only to sit on the bench.

Man of Honour
Talk of Spurs having a "first refusal" option on Connor Wickham, and that his recently signed contract until 2013 contains a minimum fee clause of somewhere in the region of £10m-£15m. Amazing talent... I don't think we'll be able to hold on to him at Ipswich given his current form but I'd hate to see him move only to sit on the bench.

Mind you, £15 million is a hell of a lot of money for a 17 year old. Will be difficult to not accept that.

Soldato
Looks like Enrique is on his way out.

"I want to win things. I'm OK at Newcastle but I aspire to more."

"I love the fans here and suffered with them when we were relegated. But we have to be realistic. Newcastle aren't performing well."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6758890,00.html

Hardly a shocker and in a way I don't blame him, but how hard can it be to keep a hold of your best players.

Soldato
Maybe for different reasons but Man Utd cant do it - so no other club (or their fans) should expect to either.

Not sure why he is looking at Liverpool if he espires to win things though :D

Soldato
Yeah, you're right. Contracts almost seem pointless. If they wanna leave, they're gonna leave. Also, IMO, we've done well so far this season. Maybe he doesn't think Newcastle are safe yet... God knows

Soldato

As much as I hate the cheeky little russian's work rate he scores and sets up goals like nobodies business. RvP has finally hit some form and if he stays fit for the rest of the season it might be the mental push he needs to stay fit longer.

£42m though, would certainly be spent well. We could by four fifths of the thirteen players that beat Barcelona with that kind of money. Sell Cesc as well and we could get a brand new starting XXII.

Associate
Utd would want near to £50m for Rooney am not sure who would pay it? Maybe City if Tevez leaves?

With Utd to put the money in the bank as there is no value in the market and give Micheal Owen a new 3 year deal :(

Soldato
Utd would want near to £50m for Rooney am not sure who would pay it? Maybe City if Tevez leaves?

With Utd to put the money in the bank as there is no value in the market and give Micheal Owen a new 3 year deal :(

BS. Rooney is worth more than 50million going by the Torres deal. Even when Rooney is at his worst he is still winning games for united.

With United's other stars - particularly striker Javier Hernandez - spearheading the club's efforts in this campaign, the way is apparently clear for the Red Devils to cash in on a player that Ferguson has simply had enough of dealing with. Rooney is expected to fetch a fee to the tune of around £60-80 million.

Gonna need the money for when Giggs, Scholes and VDS all go. I think we might do ok with the current crop of up fronts once welbeck,clevery and macheda return.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13032011/58/premier-league-paper-round-united-sell-rooney.html

[qoute]Barcelona are planning a £40 million summer bid for Tottenham star Gareth Bale, according to The People. [/quote]

Bale at Barcelona? For £40 million you'd be mad not to sell him at that price... but they would be better off using that money towards Fab.

Following Friday's news that Chelsea are set to end Kaka's troubled spell at Real Madrid, the Sunday Mirror reports that Manchester City will compete with the Blues for the Brazilian's signature.

would like to see Kaka in the EPL. Hope it happens.

Soldato
Gonna need the money for when Giggs, Scholes and VDS all go. I think we might do ok with the current crop of up fronts once welbeck,clevery and macheda return.

Welbeck will be lucky to get a game imo (unless its on the left wing). Maybe a few CC / FAC games but thats about it (without a major injury crisis to the forward line)

Cleverly will be a core part of Utd's midfield next season, I have no doubt at all (may be cup games to start, but by the end he will be playing a lot of EPL games also I reckon)

I would love to see Macheda come back and do well, but like Welbeck I cant see him getting much pitch time, especially if the rumours of Utd doing a deal for Sanchez come to fruition.

Back
Top Bottom