** January Transfer Window 2011/12 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I did smile when I read that.

Let him rot. If he wants to **** off his employers then he can suffer the consequences.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7474939/Tevez-questions-City-dealings

He just picked the wrong club to do this to. Pretty much any other club couldn't afford to let him sit on the sidelines so I salute you City. Great player but behaves like a child and expects to get his own way whenever he decides that he has had enough at a club.

I hope City are able to sue him for every penny he has ever earned from them. Players already have far too much power when it comes to transfers.

Soldato
I think he took a bung to make Valencia look good there. See the way he doesnt even try to tackle valebncia, despite valencia not using ANY trickery whatsoever, just kicking it and running.

Notice how it takes the GIF equivilent of 3 seconds for the defender to even turn around once he has stranded himself, with what id call, barely even a schoolby tackle.

Valencia is playing himself into form that i cannot deny. But then we already know that Barcelona>Stoke and that beating stoke should be routine, at home anyway. the question is, how does valencia handle himself against high quality opposition?

His level of contribution against

Wolves
QPR
Fulham
Wigan

cannot be questioned, but this should be a minimum expectation really!

Yeah ignore the assist against City for the opening goal, the goal against Arsenal etc etc

It hurts my brain listening to you it really does

Soldato
So anyone up for awards of the jan transfer window?

Nominations for best, worst, most random and most over the top.

For me best is Cisse at 4m, worst is Vas Te, most random Neilson and over the top has to be Morrison

Soldato
So anyone up for awards of the jan transfer window?

Nominations for best, worst, most random and most over the top.

For me best is Cisse at 4m, worst is Vas Te, most random Neilson and over the top has to be Morrison

Best - Morrison to West Ham , Cisse to Toon, Jelavic/Pienaar to Everton. Those are potentially good but all could end up doing a Torres.
Worst - it remains to be seen but the random forward to Fulham, apparently he has a **** record like 5 goals in 60 games :confused: why sign him :confused:
Random - Nelson to Spurs / Saha to Spurs

What do you mean by the over the top transfer?

Soldato
Best - Morrison to West Ham , Cisse to Toon, Jelavic/Pienaar to Everton. Those are potentially good but all could end up doing a Torres.
Worst - it remains to be seen but the random forward to Fulham, apparently he has a **** record like 5 goals in 60 games :confused: why sign him :confused:
Random - Nelson to Spurs / Saha to Spurs

What do you mean by the over the top transfer?

Which one to Fulham? I meant Cisse to QPR ;) (forgot more than one Cisse in the prem)

Over the top is either too much money to not enough talent ratio, so Morrison is supposed to be on key player adult wages at 18 when he's got no play time in a real team which I think is over the top. Just like the Torres/Carroll stuff last season

How can you award best or worst until you've actually seen how the players perform at their new clubs? :confused:

Just looking at how good they seem as value, form or general excitement? So Vas Te is cheap, wondrously inconsistent but could be a laugh to watch. Everyone has a reaction to signings regardless if they have seen them play or how they are in the new team and was just interested to see thought's over who looked like good and bad signings

Last edited:
Soldato
Vaz Te scored 10 in 22 for a mediocre champ side, doubt he's the worst.

Was under the impression 6 of those goals were 2 hattricks but turns out he only got 1 hattrick against leeds. Still don't think he's really the solution to west ham's big sam game plan and I don't think he'll cut it in the prem making him a bit of a silly signing

Soldato
Berba is meant to have signed his 1 year extension deal at Utd (but reports are suggesting it isnt for any more money)

I just find it..........coincidental........that on the same day this comes out Utd announce a marketing deal with a Bulgarian mobile phone network ......smells a little fishy no (the 1st mobile deal for Utd in Europe)........

Im wondering if this is a pre-cursor to him being sold in the summer, or whether he really is going to stay until Summer of 2013 at least....

Soldato
From how I understood it Berbatov didn't have to sign anything, it was an automatic clause written into his existing contract which would be triggered come March. As for this summer he'll only be sold if another striker is brought in, he's proved already this season how valuable he is even at 4th choice so it would be very unwise to sell him without bringing in an adequate replacement (by that I mean selling him and promoting Macheda is a no go imo)

Caporegime
Hmmm seems to be rumours about Wenger/Arsenal wanting to bag Edin Hazard from Lille, perhaps in the summer...cant see it happening as im pretty sure Chelsea and perhaps City are also linked with him so his value is going to skyrocket...min of £30mill+ and we all know how tight fisted Wenger and the Arsenal board are then theres the question of his wages as well.

Would be great if we get him but i cant see it, fingers crossed that if the rumour hold true we do get him though.

Caporegime
But Wenger has said we need to bank 15-20 mil of profit before even looking at spending, not going to happen :(.

Exactly, im pretty sure last year he said that if he wanted a player for £30mill+ the Arsenal board would let him spend it but now 6 mths on hes backtracking saying that we need to bank 15-20mill before spending....hmmm i wonder what happened to the money that we made from Fabregas and Nasri being sold....probably in the back pockets of silent Stan and the rest of the board:p

Another lolworthy rumour is that we might look at poaching Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea in the summer:p

Caporegime
Exactly, im pretty sure last year he said that if he wanted a player for £30mill+ the Arsenal board would let him spend it but now 6 mths on hes backtracking saying that we need to bank 15-20mill before spending....hmmm i wonder what happened to the money that we made from Fabregas and Nasri being sold....probably in the back pockets of silent Stan and the rest of the board:p

Another lolworthy rumour is that we might look at poaching Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea in the summer:p

You missed out the lolworthy part, the rumour is saying Sturridge is "unhappy" at being played out wide...... so Arsenal is the first place you go to get played in the middle every game.

Reyes, Bendtner, Chamakh, Rosicky, Arshavin, Vela, Eduardo, Theo are the ones off the top of my head that joined as "central" players and mostly strikers who ended up forced out wide. Yup, Arsenal is where I'd choose, the majority of those players have also had their career harmed by coming to Arsenal expecting to be a central/attacking/striker, while the only one who is doing WAY better than he should be(money, team, league wise) is the one guy who can't play football at all, its hilarious.

In terms of the money we suddenly need to buy anyone, the answer is wages.

We only got rid of Cesc, Nasri, Eboue and Clichy, for who wages were probably in the region of 80-100k for Cesc, 40-50 for Nasri, 60k Eboue and 60k Clichy maybe.

We however bought in, Arteta, 60k ish, Mertesacker, 80k, Gervinho probably around the 60k mark, Dos Santos, 60-70k(coming from a high wage paying league that people only go to for money), Park, probably 20-30k( he already had other offers), Chamberlain 30k maybe(and that will probably rise quite quickly), Campbell 15-20k, Jenks on 15-20k.

So we've gone from about 14mil in wages to 18.5mil, a 4.5mil wage difference over a few years add's up, signing on bonuses, wage rise, and thats before you realise we probably spunked a good 3mil on the wage for Benny for the year, probably a loan fee on top of that, no idea what we're paying for Henry. Tied a few people down to new contracts. It all add's up to Wenger increasing our wage burden, while making the squad weaker, and well, more wages = less profit = less to spend on players the next year.

THe problem being, we've got Bendtner, Vela, Chamakh, Arshavin and really a bunch of other guys out on loan or basically not playing, sucking wages down, most desparate to leave and most clubs no where near willing to match their asking price or current excessive wage which is why none of those guys left, that and Wenger not wanting them to leave.

This is why I was 100% dead set against getting Chamakh on a supposedly free transfer, which costs you huge in wages over a contract, and when it was clear as day he'd never get used long term. 20mil down the drain basically. Its all the little 2mil here and 2mil there, on a dozen players that don't get involved at all, that is killing Arsenal in terms of profit and buying power.

Seriously what other team can go from Cesc, Nasri, Clichy, Eboue, to Arteta, Gervinho, Dos Santos and Jenks/mertesacker, pay more in wages for a significantly worse set of players..... every year for 6-7 years now we've got rid of GREAT players, and bought in MUCH worse players..... on higher wages.

Hell, look at Newcastle again for exactly how Arsenal could have been run, buy great players on low wages, no we buy crap players on high wages, genius :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Just read that Valencia has sacked his agent because all he wants is to stay at United for the rest of his career.... I guess when you know what and you're not money driven what do you need to pay an agent for!!

Class player :cool:

Valencia-Ghosts.gif

who is that defender and why doesnt he move? that looks really suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom