January Transfer Window 2013/2014 Season Rumours/Signings/KonoplyankOFF:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
This transfer is hilarious in typical Ian Ayre fashion, honestly wouldn't surprise me if in 40 minutes we see him holding a Spurs shirt.

RAWK is giving me a good laugh, everyone going mental over a player they've seen play once or not at all :D

Man of Honour
He's the guy who scored that cracking long shot against England isn't he? Didn't look a bad player but then England can make anyone look good. :p

Permabanned
G|mp - what is Larnell Cole's actual position? Is he held in high regard at Utd? What sort of player is Tunnicliffe in terms of comparison to someone? As long as he's better than Darron Gibson...

Cole can play all across the midfield, he's quite small though so tends to get outmuscled, he's quick and skillful though.

Tunicliffe is ok, he loses his temper a bit though, was on loan at Peterborough at one point and that seemed to calm him down a bit, tidy player in CM, never looked United quality though if I'm honest, I mean first team like.

His old man won a load of money betting he would play for the United first team at some point, bet when he was a kid and picked up a few thousand iirc :)

Caporegime
So what you're saying is that he was responsible for 8 or 9 goals in a team that didn't score after January except from Vale wonder strikes and couldn't buy a goal with £100m early this season? :)

He is good, he will become better and we will regret selling him if we do after this loan. His link up play with Eriksen and Soldado was one of the rare glimmers of hope earlier this season under AVB, he can play passes between the lines and has a terrific engine.

Again, 1 goal in the league in a year, two managers that refused to trust him as first team, half of this seasons assists against Villa's C team, the rest in the europa league against nobody teams.....

1 goal against anyone with any relevance since he joined, 2 assists against anyone relevant........ that is pretty terrible even given his lack of starts, especially as he is frequently played as the withdrawn striker rather than deeper. He's played in VDV's role multiple times and provided a small fraction of the output VDV did.

In terms of a team that couldn't score, in Europe you scored 8 against Tbilisi, 5 against Tromso and 6 against Anzhi, you couldn't score in the league, where Holtby got no assists and a single goal.

Last edited:
Don
Didn't get particularly excited about signing him as I can't recall ever seeing him play, so I can't say I'm overly disappointed that we've missed out.

And I still haven't a ****ing clue why we were trying to sign a forward when we have no fullbacks and are desperate for another CM :/

Permabanned
Didn't get particularly excited about signing him as I can't recall ever seeing him play, so I can't say I'm overly disappointed that we've missed out.

And I still haven't a ****ing clue why we were trying to sign a forward when we have no fullbacks and are desperate for another CM :/

I said it earlier, seemed a strange one.

I'm pretty sure he was the winger that looked decent against England in the qualifiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom