January Transfer Window 2016/17 - Rumours & Signings

Soldato
Southampton in for another record buy, Gabbiadini from Napoli, striker with 15 goals to his name in two years at Napoli. Can't see him setting the Premier League on fire but any goals would be welcome at the moment.

Permabanned
If you are frequently on the treatment table and used to play for either Man Utd or Everton, call your agent now to arrange a house viewing in Sunderland.

* Kevin Kilbane need not apply.

Man of Honour
Chelsea deciding whether to meet Celtic’s £40 million valuation for Moussa Dembélé. They also want to sign Jonathan Biabiany (winger) on loan from Inter Milan.

Two may also be off to new pastures. Branislav Ivanovic is negotiating a move with Zenit St Petersburg and Asmir Begovic will move to Bournemouth if Chelsea secure a replacement.

Caporegime
Would really like for someone to stump up the £15m for Scott Hogan so we can bring other players in. We can barely field a full first team side on match days without using kids from the B team. Can't really afford much quality until we sell Hogan though.

It sounded like West Ham were waiting for the Payet money before going in for Hogan, which basically happened yesterday so they could well be making that move today and you would hope Brentford have a couple of deals ready to go once the cash is available.

Could be a busy day for Brentford.

Soldato
It sounded like West Ham were waiting for the Payet money before going in for Hogan, which basically happened yesterday so they could well be making that move today and you would hope Brentford have a couple of deals ready to go once the cash is available.

Could be a busy day for Brentford.

WHU dropped £18m on Fonte and Snodgrass following their first bid for Hogan being rejected, so I don't think it's about how much they've got in the bank. We've got a high valuation for him and they don't want to meet it.

Villa supposedly in for him now... coincidentally we're playing them this evening. Watch their interest all of a sudden disappear at 7pm, when it'll be too late for us to field Hogan tonight ;)

Hopefully we'll get Sergi Canos over the line today however.

Soldato
Chelsea deciding whether to meet Celtic’s £40 million valuation for Moussa Dembélé. They also want to sign Jonathan Biabiany (winger) on loan from Inter Milan.

Two may also be off to new pastures. Branislav Ivanovic is negotiating a move with Zenit St Petersburg and Asmir Begovic will move to Bournemouth if Chelsea secure a replacement.

Sounds like the Ivanovic deal has been completed

Soldato
I thought that but then you see players like Mccormack going for 13mil in the championship. Around 25-30 is good to high for me. 40? Far too high especially when Chelsea have Batshuyi and that other lad as the younger players.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I thought that but then you see players like Mccormack going for 13mil in the championship. Around 25-30 is good to high for me. 40? Far too high especially when Chelsea have Batshuyi and that other lad as the younger players.

Dembele looks twice the player of Batshuyi. No idea why Chelsea paid so much for him.

Soldato
Ligue 1 is a half decent league aswell, the spl is a waste of time, he might aswell have been scoring in the Under 23 league and have the odd champions league game. Those champions league performances inflate his fee though imo just not to 40mil.

Don
Dembele looks a decent player but 6 months in the SPL and he's worth £40m? That's some gamble.

And what's happened these last few transfer windows? Deadline day used to be fun.

fez

fez

Caporegime
How are you comparing them though?

Do you think Batshuyi wouldn't score as many as Demble in the SPL? He was a success in Ligue 1 prior to Chelsea. Difficult to judge a player on sub appearances.

Simply from watching them play a bit. Dembele seems like a much more rounded striker, scores goals from harder chances, creates more of the chances he scores from.

Don
Dull deadline day news - Sakho's joined Palace on loan until the end of the season. They're paying all his wages + a £2m loan fee. Hope he plays well and we can get a decent fee for him in the summer.

Soldato
Canos from Norwich, Jofezoon from PSV and Jota returning (£2.5m spent), and Hogan out £9m + £3m. Good business for us, and sets us up well for a decent summer transfer window.

Soldato
Moussa Dembele is a good young player but £40million seems a touch extreme. £15 million I could definitely understand however.

40 million is insane for an SPL striker you only have to look at those who have scored big numbers up there and then gone on to achieve nothing elsewhere I think Larsson is about the only exception. If Celtic go on a decent Champions League run and he scores heavily then I could see him in the 30-30 million category but until that happens he will be a 15m tops player for me. Has he really shown himself to be any better than Gary Hooper or Scot MacDonald both great players for Celtic who have struggled to impose themselves in the championship let alone the top end of the premier league!

Back
Top Bottom