Joe Lycett - Qatar/Beckham debate

I await to be corrected here but is it actually illegal to be homosexual in Qatar or is it just homosexual acts that are illegal?

I did have a look but the penal codes referenced on a couple of sites seem to suggest the latter.
Does it matter?

If the authorities want to make an example of someone then it won't matter what the actual rules are.

Does it matter?

If the authorities want to make an example of someone then it won't matter what the actual rules are.

Well, yes, it does.

Someone here posted that a gay friend he knows is going to Qatar. If it's illegal to simply BE gay then he's in real risk of being arrested regardless of him not doing any homosexual acts as defined in their penal codes. If not then he won't have the risk.

Well, yes, it does.

Someone here posted that a gay friend he knows is going to Qatar. If it's illegal to simply BE gay then he's in real risk of being arrested regardless of him not doing any homosexual acts as defined in their penal codes. If not then he won't have the risk.
Just tell to him cover himself in tin foil so the gay detectors they use to tell if someone is gay will fail to scan him

you realise the ones in that place and dubai etc are the poorest of the poor from places like india working for slave labour in slave conditions?
You do know that the majority are modern slaves who have their passports removed on arival etc so would have no chance of leaving. This type of thing has been happening for decades just like back in the days of Singapore, you chat to native indians there now and they have no idea where their family or heritage is from due this.

Last edited:
And then right on cue...

The whole rotten debacle summed up by

The executive director of Football Supporters Europe, Ronan Evain, said: “Who would have thought that an authoritarian regime with an appalling workers’ rights record was not to be trusted? I suppose that’s what you get for accepting to be paid the equivalent of a Qatari monthly minimum wage every four days for the pleasure of doing absolutely nothing.”

Anothe

I’m sure we could find many stories about many countries like this, again I’m assuming you’ve never set foot in the place….

Do I need to actually step foot in North Korea to know I wouldn't want to visit?

The answer is no, obviously you dont, just take one look at the UK gov travel advice tells you all you need to know.

"tHeIr CoUnTrY tHeIr rUlEs"

Last edited:
Do I need to actually step foot in North Korea to know I wouldn't want to visit?

The answer is no, obviously you dont, just take one look at the UK gov travel advice tells you all you need to know.

"tHeIr CoUnTrY tHeIr rUlEs"
I’ve been to many countries, including North Korea in fact. And yes Uk travel guidance is far too “on the safe side”

North Korea is a huge exception though, after visiting I’d say Dont visit. But that’s probably for reasons that you couldn’t guess

Last edited:
I’ve been to many countries, including North Korea in fact. And yes Uk travel guidance is far too “on the safe side”

North Korea is a huge exception though, after visiting I’d say Dont visit. But that’s probably for reasons that you couldn’t guess

You've really missed my point haven't you. gah, thats a shame I was planning my next trip to NK as well.... il settle with Iran I guess.

Last edited:
Last edited:
LOL

Coachella invite a load of influencers to the festival to hospitality areas pay them $5,000 a day, No one bats an eyelid.
Qatar does the same and there’s hell to pay LOLOL
Key difference is that one group are slaves and the other are not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom