Joe Lycett - Qatar/Beckham debate

Ahh the ole " you arnt there so cant comment" ...yea I dont need to be front line in Ukraine to know its " bad".
It in teh link from a source I have never heard of. Maybe read your own links.
Ukraine is a war zone, are the two comparable?

Oh and you have never heard of DW? German equivalent of the BBC FYI .

Last edited:
Ill give you 10 more mins if you want to make a better argument...go ahead.
I am just making the point that it's ridiculous to judge a country that you have never set foot in. Using a country that's a warzone to try to prove your point really doesn't prove anything.

I am open minded enough to give another culture/country a go regardless.. that's why i have been to so many countries.

Last edited:
I am just making the point that it's ridiculous to judge a country that you have never set foot in. Using a country that's a warzone to try to prove your point really doesn't prove anything.
It proves the point ya dont need to go to a place to get a good view and understanding of what life is like.
Ya think I I shoudl go to Mexico and hang out with the drug cartels?...aint never been..guess its okay...I can say its "culture".
Ya wanne come over here and sing the sash with a Union Jack walking up the falls?..ya ever done it?
When have you been there and who have you talked to in business or private that have?

Last edited:
It proves the point ya dont need to go to a place to get a good view and understanding of what life is like.
Ya think I I shoudl go to Mexico and hang out with the drug cartels?...aint never been..guess its okay...I can say its "culture".
Ya wanne come over here and sing the sash with a Union Jack walking up the falls?..ya ever done it?
When have you been there and who have you talked to in business or private that have?
Yes you do, you need to visit to understand what life is like. It's the same as being told what a car is like to drive, you don't know what its like unless you get behind the wheel.
Are drug cartels part of mexican culture? I bet if you asked every single one of them 99.999% would disagree with you.
I have no idea what the other two lines mean(pun intended :D)

LGBTQ+ are not welcome in Qatar because being themselves is illegal
Incorrect. Sodomy is illegal, and same-sex cohabitation iirc. Simply being a homosexual hasn't been illegal since 2004

I am just making the point that it's ridiculous to judge a country that you have never set foot in.
This is not a very good point, though. I can judge the USA for their outrageously lacks gun laws without needing to go there (although I am there often). I can judge Israel for their illegal occupation of palestine. We have all the information necessary to make such a judgement. See how silly your stance is?

Last edited:
Incorrect. Sodomy is illegal, and same-sex cohabitation iirc. Simply being a homosexual hasn't been illegal since 2004

This is not a very good point, though. I can judge the USA for their outrageously lacks gun laws without needing to go there (although I am there often). I can judge Israel for their illegal occupation of palestine. We have all the information necessary to make such a judgement. See how silly your stance is?

If you could get married but are not allowed to live together, be physically intimate with each other or get any legal benefit for being married are you really married?

You can't get married.

I'm saying if you said a man and a woman could get married, have the ceremony, then turned around to them and said you are not allowed to do all those things. Are they technically married? Only on a technicality.

Or saying to a snooker player you are allowed to say you be a snooker player, can have the hall and tables. But you are not allowed balls or ques or to actually have a game. Can you honestly then call yourself a snooker player?

Last edited:
I'm saying if you said a man and a woman could get married, have the ceremony, then turned around to them and said you are not allowed to do all those things. Are they technically married? Only on a technicality.

Or saying to a snooker player you are allowed to say you be a snooker player, can have the hall and tables. But you are not allowed balls or ques or to actually have a game. Can you honestly then call yourself a snooker player?
You don't have to squeeze into some cheeks to be a homosexual. You do have to play snooker to be a snooker player.

I understand what you're trying to say, but you're doing a terrible job :cry:

Homosexual relationships are still illegal, but you can legally be a homosexual.

Last edited:
You don't have to squeeze into some cheeks to be a homosexual. You do have to play snooker to be a snooker player.

I understand what you're trying to say, but you're doing a terrible job :cry:

Homosexual relationships are still illegal, but you can legally be a homosexual.
You played snooker in another country, or it used to be legal. You are a snooker player but you can't play there. You are a snooker player and can even admit it in public but you still can't play.

You don't have to have sex with another man to be gay just like you can be married to someone of a different gender and not have sex but most people would find that restriction intolerable.

Technically there is a difference between those two states but practically there is not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom