Just Arrived! VSonic VSD3S

Soldato
Still not here yet stuck here

Received & Dispatched - Processed in the DGM mail terminalDHL Global Mail Asia
Singapore

Has been since the 1st, how long does it normally take to get out of singapore?

EDIT: Despited being still in Singapore they are now sat on my desk, excited to give these a go

Last edited:
Soldato
Still not here yet stuck here

Received & Dispatched - Processed in the DGM mail terminalDHL Global Mail Asia
Singapore

Has been since the 1st, how long does it normally take to get out of singapore?

EDIT: Despited being still in Singapore they are now sat on my desk, excited to give these a go

EDIT 2: The side marked "s" is that left or right?

Soldato
OP
Its rather obvious which side is which, as they only fit one way! :p

If you're really struggling, put the cable over the top of your ear and one if the earphones will point into your ear and then other will point away - that should give you some clue :p

Associate
Little bit off topic but does anyone know of any earbuds (as in not in ear) that similarly punch above their weight like the VSD3 or Xaiomi Pistons? I realise they are unlikely to sound as good but my girlfriend really doesn't like IEM's

Soldato
OP
So after a horrible few days of not having my VSonics - thought I'd lost them, its been tragic - I miraculously found them. You might be wondering what this has to do with anything, but as I thought I'd lost them I put in an order from Lend Me Ur Ears on the 31st of Oct (for some refurbished GR06's (£20 - INSANE BARGAIN)), which were my staple before the VSD3-S - they arrived at home at midday on the 5th.

If the delivery from Singapore is a reason you dont want to buy from this e-tailer then you really should reconsider.

Associate
Just ordered some myself. What are the foam tips like that come with? Got a long haul flight coming up in a couple of weeks and looking to block out that awful engine noise (and the missus snoring)

Would the standard rubber ones provide more closure or do the foam tips do a good job of this and provide a bit more comfort?

If the foam tips supplied aren't great, which would you recommend to use with the VSD3?

Soldato
OP
I like the current foam tips. If you dont get along with them then the Sure Olives are the best foam tips I've come across (search this thread for links etc). Failing that Comply Foam tips are -always- a good bet.

Regarding insulation, in theory the foam tips will as they'll give the best seal - which is what isolation is dependent. I'd rate the rubber tips as have a 3-3.5/5 rating for isolation, jumping to 4-4.5 with varying foam tips on.

Soldato
got some of these are picking up on mention of them in other threads, problem is i think either i must have weird ears or i'm doing something basic wrong.

the only tips that really work for me are the very small ones, the other issue i have is keeping the things in my ear, i've had to put them in place so the wire coming out of them is facing the front of my face, rather than the normal drop down from the ear, is that due to the way their shaped or just me ?

cheers,

Soldato
OP
That's the way they designed to be worn. The way you're used to wearing them is known as 'cable-down' (an intuitive name as the cable points down) - whereas on these and other IEM designs they are meant to be worn "over-the-ear" (so the cable comes out of the top of the housing and points towards the front of your head before winding back over and around your ear before running the normal course back to the source (phone/mp3 etc).

I can get some pictures for you later if that helps :)

EDIT: Pic :)

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/images/forum/dfkt/IEM-cable-up-around.jpg

* No hotlinking *

The advantage of over-the-ear is that is offers a more secure fit and substantially reduces microphonics - that really annoying noise you get when something rubs on your cable.

Regarding tips, I have very small ear canals so I too use the very small tips. You want to be using a tip that gives you the best insertion and seal (some find best seal from shallow tips, others require them deeper, some middling etc, its all about experimentation till you find what works for you) :)

Last edited:
Soldato
mm will have to recheck those look nothing like the ones i've got :(

edit:

nup double checked and my order shows as "VSD3S (Non-detachable version)" but their a lot bulkier than those and definately can't fit that way :(

pic :

http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/38/300x300px-LS-3854f4f4_B00LL4C48K-41Swwfuwb9L.jpeg

edit2:

just managed to find a video on youtube with someone showing them fitted and it looks like my ears are just a weird shape because they just don't fit, they are shown over the ear like your pic Cookeh, but i cant get the things in the ear canal and for them to settle :(.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have the exact IEM, trust me, they fit the same way. I'll show you a pic in the morning, hopefully, if I remember :p Might help if you do that, actually, then we can see if there is anything you're doing wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom