Just been ejected from Sainsburys

Soldato
This.

Sorry Scuzi but I think you were being just as difficult as the cashier.

im with you tute.

it is just common sense and polite to take your helmet off whenever you go into a shop.

do you know why the cashier was being like that ?
perhaps she has had a bad experience before with someone who didn't take there helmet off ?

dont jump and shout about it because she didnt serve you but perhaps you should have said sorry and took the helmet off and be polite for once.

this country is in a mess because most people are rude and arrogant.

if you dont want to take your helmet off then dont ride a bike.

Caporegime
do you know why the cashier was being like that ?
perhaps she has had a bad experience before with someone who didn't take there helmet off ?

but if you followed that logic;

if she has been attacked by a biker in a helmet, why would antagonising the biker in a helmet make him less likely to attack her?

that is backwards, as she already knows that he wont attack her, she is just doing it on principle - to be difficult herself, not because she was scared per se.

why not come and 'debate' the merits for headware and the descriminatory practices in the UK regarding them in speakers forum. this is something i kinda evangelised but larely it fell on deaf ears it sucks that it happened to you but at least now there are some real examples of the relative unfairness that our system currently provides to its public.

Soldato
i have been a security guard for tesco's for 5 years and come across quite a few awkward biker's in the past but as a percentage i found 95% to be polite and helpfull in regards to taking there helmet off while in the store.

Soldato
What bike do you ride, and how often (commuting, weekends etc.)?

i dont ride a bike.

but if i did then my helmet would come off when ever i enter a shop regardless.

it's called common decency and being aware of what other people would feel if someone was walking about in a helmet shopping.

Soldato
i dont ride a bike.

but if i did then my helmet would come off when ever i enter a shop regardless.

it's called common decency and being aware of what other people would feel if someone was walking about in a helmet shopping.

Common decency? Are you having a 'lol'? By not taking off our gloves then helmet we are helping speed up the process of payment. If you want I can organise a big group of bikers to go shopping, we will all spend 30s taking off our kit at the checkout so that you can see our faces...

Decency? Pah!

Man of Honour
FFS, just take your helmet off. It takes 5 seconds, if that, same to replace it, I spend longer taking my seatbelt off and opening my car door.

as I explained earlier it is not 5 seconds... clearly you are not a biker

the whole 'being polite' thing does not wash with me, it's a non argument.... I'm not at garage for a candlelit meal for two with till girl, just to slot my card in chip and pin and leave...

from my experience the less you say to garage attendants the better, as they are usually sub human single cell creatures ...the ones that serve you at silly'o'clock on the night shift don't speak any kind of language I understand, and more sort of grunt at you

edit: in fact replacing garage workers with amoeba would be a big improvment in overall customer experience imho

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Sainsburys operate a policy where you can write directly to the CEO, i.e. Justin King Don't mess about, stick something in writing to him telling him that you'd at least like to have a good explanation and some better signage. He does read them and it can cut out a shed load of bureaucracy when someone that hi responds by making his staff jump the right height.

Soldato
Being a new biker I was wondering about this and infact it is Sainburys that I have popped into with my lid on as it was a quick shop just the same as the OP. There is no sign at this Sainburys. I just use the self service check out.

Its a PITA to take off especially if it is raining as I have a pair of wet gloves and a lid to hold along with the shopping.

Soldato
The whole remove helmet thing is utterly retarded.
What does it matter to them whether you are wearing your helmet or not...

It's another one of those stupid nanny rules (like the BA men cannot sit next to single kids)

If places want you to take helmets off then they need to provide a SAFE place for you to keep the helmet while you do your business there.

Caporegime
The whole remove helmet thing is utterly retarded.
What does it matter to them whether you are wearing your helmet or not...

It's another one of those stupid nanny rules (like the BA men cannot sit next to single kids)

If places want you to take helmets off then they need to provide a SAFE place for you to keep the helmet while you do your business there.

People who have a Bachelor of Arts degree can't sit next to kids?

Back
Top Bottom