"Just stop oil"

Soldato
But they are getting attention for the wrong reasons. Everyone who isn't them thinks they are morons. People aren't going to take them seriously.

Last edited:
Associate
But they are getting attention for the wrong reasons. Everyone who isn't them thinks they are morons. People aren't going to take them seriously.

Yes, the idea that "no publicity is bad publicity" is wrong when you are trying to influence people to make personal sacrifices to save the environment. I doubt that water soluble paint will cause any lasting damage, but the optics of the protest were counterproductive.

Soldato
Yes, the idea that "no publicity is bad publicity" is wrong when you are trying to influence people to make personal sacrifices to save the environment. I doubt that water soluble paint will cause any lasting damage, but the optics of the protest were counterproductive.

But cleaning it off surfaces like rock might mean using other chemicals.

Soldato
As much as I think these protestors are annoying when they stop everyday people going to work or getting to hospital appointments by blocking roads etc. Arresting people like this, with no real reason but a suspicion that something may take place in the future does seem a bit like an overstep of control. Living in the UK seems to be moving towards the realization of the book 1984. Weird times.

Don
When there’s evidence of a conspiracy to commit acts though that’s different. As JSO openly admit in their post, these are all their protestors being rounded up rather than just randomers, so it is likely there will be grounds for the arrest.

It’s not even as if they’ve been shy about targeting various events over the summer either, so what do they expect was going to happen?

Last edited:
Soldato
As much as I think these protestors are annoying when they stop everyday people going to work or getting to hospital appointments by blocking roads etc. Arresting people like this, with no real reason but a suspicion that something may take place in the future does seem a bit like an overstep of control. Living in the UK seems to be moving towards the realization of the book 1984. Weird times.
ermm, you know you can arrest people for planning crimes? you dont have to wait until they actually commit them.

Man of Honour

It looks like they have a warrant to search the houses. So a judge would have had to assess the evidence presented to them and agree that there was more than just a suspicion with no real reason.

Soldato
I’m not sure I’d describe what at best can be viewed as vandalism as ‘peaceful’ and ‘non-disruptive’.

Please use those term with those who look after stone henge or the national gallery and observe their the heavy dose of derision in response.

Soldato
I’m not sure I’d describe what at best can be viewed as vandalism as ‘peaceful’ and ‘non-disruptive’.

Please use those term with those who look after stone henge or the national gallery and observe their the heavy dose of derision in response.
If that was aimed @Kelt then I suspect he missed the /s off his post...

Back
Top Bottom