"Just stop oil"

Associate
Wow. Them police on the second arrest! Were they the ones off the haribo advert?Imagine if they were hardened criminals they were arresting. They would just laugh and shut the door.

Soldato
Eh?
Would you say the same if someone was planning on blowing a bus up or a mass shooting?
Eh?
Would you say the same if someone was planning on blowing a bus up or a mass shooting?
It looks like they have a warrant to search the houses. So a judge would have had to assess the evidence presented to them and agree that there was more than just a suspicion with no real reason.

I get what you guys are saying, but the plan here would likely be spraying that organic paint stuff they make and sitting down next to something in protest. There are judges that will sign on things in other countries where they have control as well, I imagine it's easy to find one.

Don't know, as annoying as they are, I still sort of think it's a bit controlling, arresting them like this. Removing the right protest, human rights are the next target to be removed. All a bit 1984.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I get what you guys are saying, but the plan here would likely be spraying that organic paint stuff they make and sitting down next to something in protest. There are judges that will sign on things in other countries where they have control as well, I imagine it's easy to find one.

Don't know, as annoying as they are, I still sort of think it's a bit controlling, arresting them like this. Removing the right protest, human rights are the next target to be removed. All a bit 1984.
No-one is removing their right to protest. They are free to do so. What they are not free to do is vandalise property and interfere with infrastructure in a way that causes other people significant impact.

Soldato
No-one is removing their right to protest. They are free to do so. What they are not free to do is vandalise property and interfere with infrastructure in a way that causes other people significant impact.

I was meaning the changes to legislation, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...slation-affect-the-right-to-protest-in-the-uk. Could things like this lead to more control, using annoying groups like stop oil as a vehicle to enable them to make changes that people would support, perhaps not realizing they are losing their own rights too.

Last edited:
Associate
I see that there is an appeal currently being heard for the idiots that sat on the track at the Silverstone British F1 GP a couple of years ago - seem to be trying to get off based on a point of law based around the fact no public were in danger and only a "small group" of drivers and track marshalls - presumably we can look forward to them being acquitted then.

Back
Top Bottom