"Just stop oil"

Soldato
dont different prisons have different types of offenders? (or at least on different wings)

i dont see the point in putting a tax dodger for instance in the same cell block as someone like Charles Bronsen

perhaps i am a hypocrite and whilst it isnt ideal, i would worry less about 2 psychotic killers having a punchup than i would someone who actually still has a chance of being reformed after doing a petty crime.
They do, she won’t get put in Belmarsh in a cell with a Myra Hindley type, but if she starts peeing off lags with her brainwashed bs, then you can guess what’ll happen.
There’s a lot of bullies in prison and she must weigh 6 stone wet through, and would have zero chance of defending herself.
Like I said, if you can’t do the time..

Last edited:
Soldato
If that means the process has to stall while those concerns are looked into then so be it.
Yes, indeed.
Although the new gov has green lit 3 gigantic solar farms within minutes of the keys to number 10.
I doubt they care one jot about residents feelings.
To quote Rachel Reeves that decisions on onshore wind should be made "nationally, not locally" has the potential to upset a lot of people who want to preserve the area that they live in... or NIMBYs if you like.
Yes.

Soldato
To be fair onshore wind is quite intrusive both visually and audibly. It also isn't the only solution to the problem so I think it is right that people are able to raise concerns. If that means the process has to stall while those concerns are looked into then so be it.

To quote Rachel Reeves that decisions on onshore wind should be made "nationally, not locally" has the potential to upset a lot of people who want to preserve the area that they live in... or NIMBYs if you like.
my parents live fairly close to a windfarm, and a friend has a house very close to it, so personally i disagree with both of those things.
its not like they will be putting a turbine in your back garden, they will be in fields, or, otherwise none residential areas. i dont expect one to appear literally in your back yard despite the name NIMBY. i would have zero issue having a few built in my town despite it being quite picturesque. they have to go somewhere at the end of the day.

as for not the only solution to the problem.............. for the British isles i suspect wind will be the vehicle expected to carry the lions share of the renewable solution, followed by solar.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
if this is true and you are not just joking............ (i dont personally know many who have been inside thankfully) then that is shameful.

I mean prisons should be punishment (as well as rehabilitation). they should not have a lot of the luxuries which we take for granted...... but at the same time prisioners should be safe and kept in an healthy environment. if it is true that they face assault - sexual or otherwise - then that would be horrendous and is not something to joke about really esp for what is a pretty tame crime.....

Sorry Mike but you live in cloud cuckooland if you think prisons are hotels. They're horrible, nasty, hateful places, and that's all wings. From the got-drunk-and-ended-up-in-a-bar-fight wing to the I-murdered-an-entire-family wing.

Soldato
Sorry Mike but you live in cloud cuckooland if you think prisons are hotels. They're horrible, nasty, hateful places, and that's all wings. From the got-drunk-and-ended-up-in-a-bar-fight wing to the I-murdered-an-entire-family wing.
note i am not naive enough to think they are hotels...... but they should be safe enough to not be at risk of being sexually assaulted.... (they certainly cost the tax payer a truck load to run!) surely you can agree with that, and if it isnt the case then it really should be something which needs to be reported and cleaned up?

anyway i guess i have derailed enough for this thread so.....................

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
note i am not naive enough to think they are hotels...... but they should be safe enough to not be at risk of being sexually assaulted.... (they certainly cost the tax payer a truck load to run!) surely you can agree with that, and if it isnt the case then it really should be something which needs to be reported and cleaned up?

anyway i guess i have derailed enough for this thread so.....................

People end up being in prison for a reason, if you think they're all suddenly going to behave themselves then you are very, very wrong I'm afraid.

Soldato
People end up being in prison for a reason, if you think they're all suddenly going to behave themselves then you are very, very wrong I'm afraid.
TBH your experience of HMP Belmarsh isn't totally indicative of the prison system with it being a Cat A, I would imagine the men will serve in Cat C's or locals, however there is no categorization for female prisons currently so apart from high threat prisoners who would maybe in the Seg the women are free to mix to a certain degree, wonder if any of them will object to the use of petroleum jelly ;)

Man of Honour

I was working in a Juvenile Prison for 6 months in 2007 and on my first day I saw a lad push a radio aerial into another lads face.
I came in one day and asked where my favourite pupil was only to be told he was brutally raped, the other lads took pleasure in telling me why he deserved it :(
There was loads more incidents in my 6 months.

Soldato
my parents live fairly close to a windfarm, and a friend has a house very close to it, so personally i disagree with both of those things.
its not like they will be putting a turbine in your back garden, they will be in fields, or, otherwise none residential areas. i dont expect one to appear literally in your back yard despite the name NIMBY. i would have zero issue having a few built in my town despite it being quite picturesque. they have to go somewhere at the end of the day.

as for not the only solution to the problem.............. for the British isles i suspect wind will be the vehicle expected to carry the lions share of the renewable solution, followed by solar.
Personally I prefer to see the countryside without massive wind turbines dotted all over it. Then again I also like to see the countryside without massive pylons strung together.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any onshore wind, I'm saying that locals should absolutely have the right to have a say. I also think it's dangerous for Westminster to have carte blanche on their implementation around the UK.

Offshore wind offers a far less controversial alternative but is more costly to implement.

Back
Top Bottom