"Just stop oil"

I dont disagree in principle.................. but when you have sexual assault cases waiting years to get seen, so long that often the charges end up getting dropped, and other serious offences getting really lenient sentences, i cant help but feel these recent sentences are a little harsh.
i guess long term they may act as a deterrent so there is that............. but i know if i had a family member or friend who failed to see a decent conviction against someone who had committed a much more heinous crime i think i would feel pretty angry.

i absolutely do not support their methods, but at least what they are doing is not with a nasty intent. their motives are genuine imo.

Last edited:
Can we crowdfund a dedicated prison for them? I suspect they'll be clogging up quite a bit of valuable space in our already overcrowded prisons and I wouldn't want them to not enjoy their full stay so it's in their best interest if we make sure they have their own space right?

We can paint it orange, cover it in "I stopped oil" stickers and we can do a bit of the outdoor area in asphalt so they have something to lie on, maybe add in a honking van mural so they don't get too homesick.

I don't think it'll even cost that much, we can save some serious money by just using burning oil drums for light, heating, cooking, etc. You'll be surprised how versatile a burning oil drum can be. Paint them orange too ofc.

yyGR_f.gif

:cry: :cry: :cry:

On a more serious note (if it’s possible to take those clowns seriously) that thing in the white t-shirt has been nicked multiple times, so must be due some prison time.
"that thing in the white T-shirt"? really? I get you do not like what they are doing, and i even agree with you there....... you may even think their cause is a nonsense.

but reducing her to calling her a thing just because you do not like her or her cause imo undermines your viewpoint just like i think JSO undermines the cause they are supporting as well.

Last edited:
"that thing in the white T-shirt"? really? I get you do not like what they are doing, and i even agree with you there....... you may even think their cause is a nonsense.

but reducing her to calling her a thing just because you do not like her or her cause imo undermines your viewpoint just like i think JSO undermines the cause they are supporting as well.

Yes, how dare you @JonRGV250 , Mr Conviction himself has condemned your actions, please can you present your apology to the Court of Apathy by 5pm, thanks.

care to explain? and if you are saying i am Apathetic, what have you done to either support OR oppose JSO?

You seem to have figured it all out so nothing more to say. I've made my opinions very clear in this thread on numerous occasions, your lack of conviction tells me that you're awfully worried about upsetting the very people who have caused deliberate, intentional suffering to untold amount of members of the public with their nonsense. Let them suffer. The harder they suffer, the more I will enjoy it.

How's that for fence sitting ;)

Last edited:
If just stop oil is about stopping oil, why deface monuments or try to break the original copy of the Magna Carta? They are mindless posh thugs with their aim being to be as disruptive as possible.

If just stop oil is about stopping oil, why deface monuments or try to break the original copy of the Magna Carta? They are mindless posh thugs with their aim being to be as disruptive as possible.

They want to stop the exploitation of new oil reserves, it should be called "Just Stop New Oil". The reason why JSO, Extinction Rebellion and Insulate Britain etc use these aggravated forms of peaceful protest is because for decades in Britain normal peaceful demonstrations on these issues have just been buried by the media. The British print media and many TV/online media outlets are mostly owned by multi-billionaire non-Doms who like the way the world runs as it is and doubtless have financial interests in fossil fuels so they rarely publish articles that discuss the urgency of global warming and actually doing something about it. Until recently, the British establishment itself was pretty ambivalent about climate change too so the BBC didn't make much of an effort either.

Regarding damaging Stonehenge and the Magna Carta; it was reported that they used water-soluble paint on the former which should wash off after a few rainy days and they cracked the glass on the display case for the latter with a chisel. I don't approve of these tactics as they allow the fossil fuel producers/consumers to take the moral high ground, as you just did.

If you inconvenience normal people in their daily lives, even if you are doing something truly noble (like raising money for AIDS orphans in Africa), most people you have inconvenienced will wind up hating you and your cause. These disruptive peaceful demonstration tactics have to be carefully targeted at the fossil fuel companies and their financial backers, or they will just be counterproductive to public support. Of course, those ultra-rich individuals and companies have friends-in-high-places so I doubt that they could be disrupted for long.

Back
Top Bottom