"Just stop oil"

I’m not a supporter of the police but obviously because it was a premeditated protest and there was little else going on.

Nope.

How come when there was a protest in a park because a police officer raped and murdered a girl the police are happy to manhandle and arrest women but when just stop oil protest and cause inconvenience the police do very little?

Because it was breaking lockdown rules during the pandemic.

With these walk slowly in the road protests, there has been a supreme court ruling that has limited what the police can do thus the farce of issuing a section whatever notice etc.. when there perhaps ought to be tougher legislation to allow the police to do what police forces can do in Europe and that is to just take the common sense approach and drag the people who are blocking the road out of the road and arrest them.

I think it was the Mirror that had a fabulous photo of two coppers slowly arresting her whilst showing obvious and highly unprofessional interest in her bountiful assets. Yes, found it now, but not sure a link would be within the forum's rules?

I see one of the financial backers of Just Stop Oil is pulling out, saying they are doing more harm to the cause than good.

It is the dumbest way to protest a cause ever, and the activists are that dense they still don't realise it.

I see one of the financial backers of Just Stop Oil is pulling out, saying they are doing more harm to the cause than good.

It is the dumbest way to protest a cause ever, and the activists are that dense they still don't realise it.
I'm not sure I agree, when looking at historical protest movements (that caused disruption) and how we generally regard them favourably today.

It's quite likely that attitudes towards climate change will change over time, as most of the deniers tend to be ... of a certain age demographic.

I'm not sure I agree, when looking at historical protest movements (that caused disruption) and how we generally regard them favourably today.

It's quite likely that attitudes towards climate change will change over time, as most of the deniers tend to be ... of a certain age demographic.
You've missed the point I was making, ironically like the protesters.

Most people agree with the aims of the movement.

But most of the public don't like the way these groups go about it.

This is the same logic of bombing a population to get that government to make a decision. That assumes the government listens to the public. At some point a regular person realises its not working so stop.

Back
Top Bottom