"Just stop oil"

Lol.

Want to spend your time protesting? Go for it. Live with the consequences.
Want to spend your time manhandling protestors? Go for it. Live with the consequences

In all honesty, I don't actually give much of a monkey's :cry:

Edit: Like I say though, on the news this morning it was the police dragging a protestor which I'm sure will cheer some people up on here

Last edited:
This made me laugh. He doesn't look too happy about his souvenir.

TELEMMGLPICT000337770861_16855424764610_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq-IWLY18X4-CzgyIcjLEAj_SVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpeg

BREAKING NEWS: A US Navy crewman mysteriously reappeared on the other side of the world today, 80 years after he vanished in bizarre circumstances. Petty Officer 1st Class Raul Semmler was last seen entering the engine room of the USS Eldridge back in 1943 shortly before events took a turn for the weird....

Last edited:
Well I don't see these people blocking the entrances to New Scotland Yard or Parliament, so obviously they think the heavy hand of the law is somewhat selective, and the normal motoring public are fair and legally unopposed game.

I suspect unless they meet a Kenneth Noye type in an ill humour this will carry on throughout the summer.

Videos of police arresting angry members of the public get far more clicks than when the protestors get cleared out 20mins later.

Did those protestors get cleared out 20 minutes later? If so why didn't they clear them earlier? Or are you just making things up?

Did those protestors get cleared out 20 minutes later? If so why didn't they clear them earlier? Or are you just making things up?

Police aware as of 8:51, on scene at 9:05, Section 10 in place by 9:13, off the road by 9:20.

I’ve been blocked by them 2 times on my way to work and seen how quickly the police move them on, it’s nowhere near as big of a problem as people are making out. The only exception was the QE2 bridge.

Police aware as of 8:51, on scene at 9:05, Section 10 in place by 9:13, off the road by 9:20.

I’ve been blocked by them 2 times on my way to work and seen how quickly the police move them on, it’s nowhere near as big of a problem as people are making out. The only exception was the QE2 bridge.

Blocking a road for 30 mins in central London can cause a huge ball ache for people near by and have a knock-on effect on traffic for some time after, not to mention it doesn't exactly do Ambulances and other emergency services any favours.

So it seems like the police don't clear them, they turn up and observe for a bit then they have to faff around for a few minutes and then issue some notice and then later the protestors move off after having caused plenty of traffic chaos for half an hour.

"Section 10 in place by 9:13, off the road by 9:20." So even after they've issued that notice do they actually clear the road or is that 7 minutes of asking them nicely and eventually they move?

What ought to happen is the police turn up and just grab them and drag them onto the pavement, road clear ASAP, people carry on... protestors arrested - make the protests less effective and have greater consequences. But we've got this farcical situation until we have better legislation in place.

Did any of them face arrest for milling about for several minutes after the section 10?

Would be interested in the police's answer to this comment too:

Blocking a road for 30 mins in central London can cause a huge ball ache for people near by and have a knock-on effect on traffic for some time after, not to mention it doesn't exactly do Ambulances and other emergency services any favours.

So it seems like the police don't clear them, they turn up and observe for a bit then they have to faff around for a few minutes and then issue some notice and then later the protestors move off after having caused plenty of traffic chaos for half an hour.

"Section 10 in place by 9:13, off the road by 9:20." So even after they've issued that notice do they actually clear the road or is that 7 minutes of asking them nicely and eventually they move?

What ought to happen is the police turn up and just grab them and drag them onto the pavement, road clear ASAP, people carry on... protestors arrested - make the protests less effective and have greater consequences. But we've got this farcical situation until we have better legislation in place.

Did any of them face arrest for milling about for several minutes after the section 10?

Would be interested in the police's answer to this comment too:

Ambulances are either let through or Informed about it quick enough to not have too much of an effect. Do you have any complaints from any ambulance services?

30mins of holdup is significant, especially on that end of Euston road but there’s plenty of routes around it on that end, which if they were a little further up the road then the resulting traffic would be much worse (this is basically my local area/my commute to work).

From what I’ve seen they need the appropriate numbers and vehicles in place to clear the protestors. The protestors know this and targeted a few major roads at the same time, deliberately stretching the police resources. I’m not sure what they can do to improve this without effecting actual, more serious emergencies.

What effect do you believe that other section of legislation would have on the protest/time to clear it?

Ambulances are either let through or Informed about it quick enough to not have too much of an effect.

They're not always, there was footage of them refusing to move a few months back... also if you've created a traffic jam which an Ambulance is stuck behind then it's going to take time to get a message passed up and protestors moved etc..

From what I’ve seen they need the appropriate numbers and vehicles in place to clear the protestors.

It's not clear that they do or that they did in fact (physically) clear the protestors in this case, there were plenty of police present when that guy grabbed the banner... they don't necessarily need any more to issue a notice and then warn them multiple times and then wait a few minutes for them to bimble off.

What effect do you believe that other section of legislation would have on the protest/time to clear it?

Well what I said already, police could turn up and start clearing them and arrest/charge them!

How come when there was a protest in a park because a police officer raped and murdered a girl the police are happy to manhandle and arrest women but when just stop oil protest and cause inconvenience the police do very little?

How come when there was a protest in a park because a police officer raped and murdered a girl the police are happy to manhandle and arrest women but when just stop oil protest and cause inconvenience the police do very little?
I’m not a supporter of the police but obviously because it was a premeditated protest and there was little else going on.

Back
Top Bottom