*** Justice League Thread ***

Soldato
Watching this tomorrow.

I was not a huge fan of BvS when I saw it at the cinema, but I gave the 'Ultimate' edition a shot when it came onto home release and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am looking forward to it, but it's more a stop gap for me between Thor and Star Wars.

Associate
Pretty average story, some exceptionally poor CGI and too short which made it feel like a number of scenes just stuck together for barely understandable reasons..

Caporegime
So is Superman in this one or what?

their trailers and advertising were quite subtle I'll give you that. (note this isn't a spoiler I haven't even seen it, just guessing as it couldn't have been more obvious by them unless they'd ended the trailers with "btw Supes is in it" on a black screen)

Last edited:
Caporegime
So if they needed the motherbox to bring back Superman then what was the point of the dirt hovering off his coffin at the end of BvS like he was going to somehow come back himself? I suppose you could say the dirt rising was a hint he would come back, but at the same time it was blindingly obvious he would have to come back. The end of the movie looks like he's returning to the Clark Kent role (going by his clothing at least), apparently someone rising from the dead doesn't raise any eyebrows at the Daily Planet, nor does a dead employee returning at the same time Superman returns.

Soldato
I have a Cineworld card so can watch this for £0, but the feedback means I'm not going to. I think I'll wait for the extended edition to see if it goes some way to fixing the problems it obviously has.

Why if it's not costing anything apart from 2 hours of your time, it' still worth a watch purely for the middle section of the film.

Soldato
Saw it and thought it was OK to pretty good.

The CGI was ropey and coming from Weta who I usually rate I was especially disappointed. Especially on Cyborg who looked poor most of the way through it.

The way they brought back Superman was poor, and his sudden switch from an unhinged killing machine to a superhero was ridiculous

I don't know much about the DC universe but it does seem pretty rich and maybe with a rematch I will enjoy it more.

Caporegime
Bit odd for the cgi to be ropey considering the 300 million budget and considerably shorter running time. :confused:

Anyone else think gadot looks weird with her hair tied back? Its like her face and head look really puffy compared to when the hair isn't tied back.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
It was certainly a lot better than i expected. I think Josh was fairly successfuly to salvaging another potentially bad movie to something a bit more on point. It was never going to please everyone but DC or rather WB need to learn from their mistakes which currently doesnt look like it. Rumour has it Afleck is out of the individual Bat movie and new director is going on a different take which is again a major mistake imo. The director first said it was part of the same universe and then it wasnt so god knows what disaster they are cooking up. At this rate they be rebooting the whole thing again.

So if they needed the motherbox to bring back Superman then what was the point of the dirt hovering off his coffin at the end of BvS like he was going to somehow come back himself? I suppose you could say the dirt rising was a hint he would come back, but at the same time it was blindingly obvious he would have to come back. The end of the movie looks like he's returning to the Clark Kent role (going by his clothing at least), apparently someone rising from the dead doesn't raise any eyebrows at the Daily Planet, nor does a dead employee returning at the same time Superman returns.

Its a good point and I was thinking the same thing, they may probably go something along the same lines as the source material with a half baked explaination that Clark was trapped in a cave for months (when Doomsday attacked) and eventually got rescued around the same time Supes reappeared although in the Death of Supes they kept you guessing (due to 4 new supermen reappearing). If they follow something similar about Clark returning it's a very weak and unrealistic explaination.

Last edited:

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Saw it today, Loved it! it was just like watching one of the DC animated movies but in live action. superb!

A lot of people seem to be picking holes in it just because... reasons, it wasn't perfect but by god it was a good blast and I thought the humour/Dark balance was great, all the comments about CGi are strange as Thor RR had some really poor CGI in it (just the Oden/Hela/Mjolnir destruction scene alone was awful due to the background) but no one mentioned it at all in reviews...

Each hero felt like they contributed and made a difference, really looking forward to what I hope will be a Blu-ray release with an extra 30 minutes in it just to flesh out the bits which I felt were lacking.

9/10 from me but that just my opinion so don't be all like "man you stupid" lol.

This might just be the first film I go to see more than once at the cinema since Terminator 2.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Saw it tonight.
It's ok I dunno what all the hate is about really.
Very disjointed, felt hacked to bits in the editting room, baddish duologue. Stupid story, stupid choices by characters, pretty standard super hero film tbh. :p

Aquaman next? Haha wow I dunno how terrible that could be..... He was by the worst character on screen.

Soldato
Just back from seeing this - Not bad for a DC film but suffers from the usual DC fate of being hacked to death in the editing suite. Still it was enjoyable and a few of the Whedon moments really made me laugh and the "CGI de-moustaching", which was a little off-putting in the first scene, was quickly ignored.

One thing that puzzles me a bit, Superman is the ultimate hero so why do we need a Justice League at all, just get Supes on everything, unless future films are going to use Kryptonite in every scene?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom