Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
Some of the screenshots i have seen from this look so DAYUM pretty!

At times they is no game out atm that looks better. It has its moments.
The woodland parts are Jaw Dropping! I also think this game has some of the best draw distance to date also. The graphic quality of distant trees etc look much higher quality vs most games.

Soldato
OP
1 Million copies sold announced by Warhorse CEO in czech press.

So good! Ensures they can make patches, content updates and full blown Hussite Wars sequel.

Regarding the downgrade, it is true the beta had even more vegetation. Unfortunately the final game had to be deforested a bit in order to fit into memory of low end PCs and consoles. This is normal though, during development you build the world and optimization comes much later.

Soldato
So I've got to the mission where I'm training to be a "Monk" to infiltrate some-one living in the Church, having not being able to put in down in the last several days I think I'm becoming burnt out with the same old mission design.

Speak to the boss man get a mission - go to the mission start point and scout area, speak to someone that gives you a clue - go speak to the person from the clue - he asks for help - do the help mission - return to person from the clue - he than gives you information - return to original person who then gives you a further mission - carry out that mission - return to him tell him you've done it - you find out what you needed to find out - return to boss man and tell him everything - he then gives you another area to scout in.

Everytime it's the same other than the one battle I've done so far in the woods. Getting rather tedious. I now how the best armour and weapons money can buy.

....and can someone for the love of god tell me where I can get Gamesomb or whatever it's called repaired, the padding you wear under and on top of your plated armour.

Don't get me started on the courting mission, I've asked her for a second walk (first one timed out) for the last 10 days, she agrees as long as it isn't raining or she's sweeping up, we agree to go now and she carrys on with what she ****ing doing. I just want to get laid and the bathhouse whores all have red holes now I'm done with them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unfortunately the final game had to be deforested a bit in order to fit into memory of low end PCs and consoles.

Thank God for that... I've got vegetation on medium and i think my PC would very probably explode if one more flower was added!

As it is though, I'm happy I have a good balance of performance to looks. Considering my PC is actually quite old now, playing on mostly medium/high and getting 40-60 is absolutely fine by me. Don't think i would want to put any settings lower though.

As for the game itself, I made some good progress today. I'm actually really liking the combat so far, and haven't found it especially hard to grasp, which is a surprise to me! They seem to have progression down well too, though tbh I don't rate many of the perks.

Permabanned
How are people getting on with lockpicking? I'm level 11 and there's loads of 'very hard' chests I can't even attempt yet. Just insta breaks the lockpick when I try. Say about 20% I can open. Need more loot I'm proper poor after pimping out my horse. Found some war horse armour if anyone wants location by the way. Need to open a very hard chest though.

Oh I'll just spoiler location.

Got directly northwest of Skalitz (the place you start) into the forest until you hit the map edge. Its pretty much on the edge of the map and you'll know you're near when as you'll find a deer hunting spot. There's a chest behind a ruined cottage. Some other nice goodies inside too.

Soldato
Regarding the downgrade, it is true the beta had even more vegetation. Unfortunately the final game had to be deforested a bit in order to fit into memory of low end PCs and consoles. This is normal though, during development you build the world and optimization comes much later.

That is UBI style optimizastion :D.

You can always have the lower settings for the true low end PCs and consoles and leave higher settings to high end ones and future PC. This ensures your game will look nice in the future as well. Besides, on my old R290, the problems in Alpha and Beta were not due to the lack of GPU power, but due to lack of optimizations in regards of CPU/API and streaming assetts (which they did fix). :)

Soldato
Either I suck at combat (most likely) or the bandits in Ginger in a pickle are nails! Tried it about 15 times now...
Not sure waht armour you have, I found a pretty decent set and used that. Still had to do it a couple times because I DO suck at combat :eek: :p , and also at this time in the game I done no traning with the Captain either. But if you want to get bit better armour (unless you already found it) you could go here if you want, then try them again. I did have most trouble with the Axe wielding guy though.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31613707/

Underboss
It's the axeman that shreds me! I've tried to bow him but he takes about 5 arrows and by that time the fancy sword man is willy waving his stabbing stick around like zoro.

Thanks swede I'll check out the armour, I've only got the paltry starting gear really, I want to do this quest then start roaming a bit.

Permabanned
Got to level 12 in lockpicking, chose the drunk bonus perk and was finally able to pick the shop storage cabinets. Robbed the weapon, armour and herb shops in Rattay. Just like I hoped, everything was there :D

Soldato
Thank god people are talking about the game and graphics etc in here. Just read the Eurogamer review and I'm seething.

Virtuesignallinggenderbendingblackwhiteapologisttriggeredsnowflakes will be the downfall of us all. The world is genuinely going ******* mad.

Soldato
As has been suggested before....If you are short of loot, fast travel til you find a wayfarer. If it's a knight, creep up and knock them out and steal everything they have.
I found someone offering a riddle last night. Got it wrong so knocked him out. Found 2 interesting things on him
2 dice [\spoiler]

Soldato
It's the axeman that shreds me! I've tried to bow him but he takes about 5 arrows and by that time the fancy sword man is willy waving his stabbing stick around like zoro.

Thanks swede I'll check out the armour, I've only got the paltry starting gear really, I want to do this quest then start roaming a bit.

After I found their camp I run there directly but they were never there, so walking along the path I bumpt into them one on one, which made it bit easier to handle though the axe guy still landed good blows. :eek: :p

On another not, got a question about the water and latrine carrying workers quest in the spoiler.

I found one person that is willing to do the latrine work, which one would be best suited for the second position ?? There is the former mine chief as sort of rubbing his cheek and repeating "double" that might be suitable but no definite reply really so bit unsure. Or is it just to pick one of them to do it anyway ??

Back
Top Bottom