Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

^ Sorry I didn't mean I'll buy that today I just meant I'll probably buy that as I like to support GOG as they give publishers more money than Steam (last time I checked anyway). I just worded it badly :-)

^ Sorry I didn't mean I'll buy that today I just meant I'll probably buy that as I like to support GOG as they give publishers more money than Steam (last time I checked anyway). I just worded it badly :)
I backed the development so didn't have to pay anything to either GoG or Steam. However yes I would support GoG when I can. You'll probably find GoG is likely to have current patches to 1.2.5 but maybe 1.3 is the big patch.
Andi.

GOG is indeed the best :)
I will buy the game there eventhough I have the collector's edition from kickstarter, just to support both Warhorse and CDP.

I will buy the game there eventhough I have the collector's edition from kickstarter, just to support both Warhorse and CDP.
So even though you have the game already, you'll buy it again? Can't you just send Warhorse and CDP some cash via donating to them instead? Not sure I understand the benefit of the former method given a portion will still be taken by GOG.

I don't get the hate for the save mechanic.

I think it makes the game more interesting for instance, if you were out in the forest hunting for a couple of hours and get ambushed by 4 bandits or if you were back out in the forest hunting for a couple and hours and run across a high level Cuman in the north . :D

I died both times btw.

But I wasn't annoyed by it because it makes the game more exciting knowing that at any time something like that can happen and I can't save scum my way out of it.

I personally don't even want save on exit, although I can understand why some would since sometimes you have to leave the game unexpectedly. I prefer to be presented with the connundrum of whether to use that last bottle of schnapps or go back to the last save if that occurs.

I agree regarding the save mechanic. It's relatively easy to craft save schnapps, and you can craft 3 at a time. That, or just buy them. It doesn't add a new layer of depth, but it makes you think harder about your choices, and who and when to engage.

Does anyone know when the save and quit patch is due out for the PC?
Not really, all it says the patch is upcoming, but hopefully sometime this week. It was said around the time the game was released there be a big patch 2 weeks later which would be this week if it's true. Although they are working on said feture it is not guaranteed that it will be with the next patch though.

Patch 1.3 - (upcoming)
This is the patch we are currently working on. It hasn’t been released on any platform yet. It’s mainly focused on bug-fixing as we are studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible. But apart from these fixes, we are working on the following features: (Which is not a guarantee of delivery in this patch)
  • Save and Exit functionality
  • Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
  • Pickpocket minigame improvement
  • Alchemy recipe for respec potion
  • Many quest related bug fixes

Not really, all it says the patch is upcoming, but hopefully sometime this week. It was said around the time the game was released there be a big patch 2 weeks later which would be this week if it's true. Although they are working on said feture it is not guaranteed that it will be with the next patch though.

Patch 1.3 - (upcoming)
This is the patch we are currently working on. It hasn’t been released on any platform yet. It’s mainly focused on bug-fixing as we are studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible. But apart from these fixes, we are working on the following features: (Which is not a guarantee of delivery in this patch)
  • Save and Exit functionality
  • Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
  • Pickpocket minigame improvement
  • Alchemy recipe for respec potion
  • Many quest related bug fixes

Cool. Thanks for the info. Not sure whether I should wait for the patch or just continue playing.

So even though you have the game already, you'll buy it again? Can't you just send Warhorse and CDP some cash via donating to them instead? Not sure I understand the benefit of the former method given a portion will still be taken by GOG.

I mean I do want to have DRM-free copy too. GOG is CDP so I don't mind.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Not sure whether I should wait for the patch or just continue playing.
Depends on how far into the game you are already I guess ?? I'm not that far in and not had enough time of to play properly myself so so far I only had one glitch where I fall halfway through the ground and got stuck. And the glitch with the 3 bird traps, did the misstake to save after I collected them and then the conversation with the hunter got stuck so had to reload and go back and do it. But part from those two, everything been great so far for me. :p

I do hope the patch drops this week and will sort out a bunch of later quests that I not got to yet, having 6 days off coming up so could be nice to immerse myself totally in the game. :cool: :p

If others having problem finding Belladonna's this mod helped me see them better: Easy To See Herbs by lucas182 and if someone needs location I put those in spoiler.

Two locations I found so far. One is opposite the mill, behind the cobblers house, there is 6-7 bushes with belladonna there. Another is where the bird quest is, loads of bushes around that area, but if you not been there yet, also a bandit camp so be careful. :p

I gave this a go last night and felt it was juddery, even with graphics dropped to high. Rig is in signature.
Pretty similar spec here 1080Ti @1440p and on Very High I get silky smooth and 90-110 fps. I suspect you have something going on.

Are you running the game or the old Beta which was a bit iffy. Try checking Task manager to see if somethings limiting. Do you have the latest Geforce drivers and do you use Geforce experience to get optimal settings?
Andi.

Back
Top Bottom