Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
annoying this game, spoke to this prisoner in some barn and then some guy storms in, I flight the guy and then walk out of barn and all the guards are after me, even the prisoner is attacking me. ! hour wasted as i load an old save agggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Can't say fighting guards has ever ended well well for me. Just try and talk your way out of it/threaten/scare off with tales of royalty connection depending on your stats. Even accepting a fine is a better end as you will die or have your rep totally ruined in that area otherwise.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Can't say fighting guards has ever ended well well for me. Just try and talk your way out of it/threaten/scare off with tales of royalty connection depending on your stats. Even accepting a fine is a better end as you will die or have your rep totally ruined in that area otherwise.
its part of the quest im on, you have to either protect the prisoner from the angry villager or let him kill the guy, it turns into a fist fight but then he dies at the end and then the next thing I know the prisoner is attacking me and loads of guards run in and try to kill me lol. Pretty sure it wasn't meant to end like that.

Associate
its part of the quest im on, you have to either protect the prisoner from the angry villager or let him kill the guy, it turns into a fist fight but then he dies at the end and then the next thing I know the prisoner is attacking me and loads of guards run in and try to kill me lol. Pretty sure it wasn't meant to end like that.

He shouldn't die from a fist fight, only be unconscious. If he does die it's probably a bug. Unless you keep beating on him afterwards of course.

Soldato
Ah! Not the one I was thinking of then. Haven't had a mission go like that, so...good luck!

Soldato
I've given this 10hrs and I'll now have to give it a swerve, I'm just not seeing where the praise is coming from. The combat system is horrendous to the point where the open world is useless as you just run into enemies that brush you aside with ease. I've just spent about 10 minutes fist fighting because for some reason the character can't draw a weapon... the fist fight is just endless with no indication if you're getting anywhere, and then it's death and transportation back so that travel to the destination has to be repeated. Tedious repetition.

It just doesn't flow, and feels like a total chore to get through any side-quest or quest. It also seriously lacks a fast save function.

Yep, you guessed it... I'm not enjoying it one bit. :p

Soldato
I've given this 10hrs and I'll now have to give it a swerve, I'm just not seeing where the praise is coming from. The combat system is horrendous to the point where the open world is useless as you just run into enemies that brush you aside with ease. I've just spent about 10 minutes fist fighting because for some reason the character can't draw a weapon... the fist fight is just endless with no indication if you're getting anywhere, and then it's death and transportation back so that travel to the destination has to be repeated. Tedious repetition.

It just doesn't flow, and feels like a total chore to get through any side-quest or quest. It also seriously lacks a fast save function.

Yep, you guessed it... I'm not enjoying it one bit. :p

You're playing a medieval peasant that's the son of a blacksmith. What are you expecting from the combat so early in the game? You need a good weapon, armour, and the training to go along with it. I approach most areas with a bow drawn, and at the start Henry was terrible with it, missing shots that looked pretty easy. As I've been playing and racking up points in archery, my aim is steadier, the arrows go further, and it just works the way it would if you practiced with one for real. It's the same for the sword fighting. As you progress, you'll be offered training, you'll unlock new abilities with the weapon (because, as a peasant you just don't know about these abilities to begin with) and you'll immediately start to notice the difference. If you've not been taught how to riposte yet, which is one of the first things you get shown, then you're going to struggle when taking on enemies with weapons.

This fist fight that you're referring to, where did it happen? Was it for a quest? If it's a fist fight, why on earth would you be allowed to draw a weapon? You should also learn to time your blocks and then counter punch after a block. Don't swing wildly, and keep in mind that your stamina only allows you a few attacks in succession before you're worn out.

Associate
The problem is that people approach the game as if they were playing Skyrim! You can't just run around spamming the left mouse button and hoping to get anywhere. I'm nearly 70 hours in and I haven't even died yet! This is my first playthrough, which just shows how feasible the game is if you take the time to learn the mechanics.

What I like most is that you can actually fell an opponent with one swing if he lets his guard down. Also, armour actually protects you, which is one of the reasons I've survived this long!

Soldato
I'm trying to soldier on, but there's some stupid outcomes. Example:

I'm doing the hunting quest and I need to meet the lord at dawn, it's 01:00 so I wait a couple of hours... And when it loads there's a guard attacking me!

I get all through the quest, and I've just been gifted my horse and I've agreed to travel with the army... The next scene loads and I'm getting attacked by guards again! WTF. :confused:

Anyway, I'm moaning too much. I'll plug on and see if I can stick with it.

Soldato
I'm trying to soldier on, but there's some stupid outcomes. Example:

I'm doing the hunting quest and I need to meet the lord at dawn, it's 01:00 so I wait a couple of hours... And when it loads there's a guard attacking me!

I get all through the quest, and I've just been gifted my horse and I've agreed to travel with the army... The next scene loads and I'm getting attacked by guards again! WTF. :confused:

Anyway, I'm moaning too much. I'll plug on and see if I can stick with it.
Weapon drawn?
Carrying a halberd/spear two handed long arm?
Skipping time in a prohibited area?

If none of those, then I'm stumped!

Associate
The second instance was after the quest completed it's cutscene.

You must have been seen committing a crime somewhere. Guards will attack until you surrender, they then should talk to you and tell you what you've done.

It can take a while after committing a crime for it to actually be reported to the guards for instance, if they have to run from a village to the nearest town.

As for combat. Find Captain Bernard at the Rattay combat arena, need to have finished Neuhof, and train with him. Start with practice weapons otherwise you'll get destroyed and just practice with them for a while. It will take a long time to get to the higher levels but once your defence, warfare and weapon skills are around level 7/8 it will start to get easier. Especially learn Masterstrikes.

Try adding the following to your user.cfg to loosen up the lock on a bit. If you don't have one create it. Found this on Nexusmods and it has really helped when up against multiple opponents.

wh_cs_playermaxopponentdistancetolock = 8
wh_cs_playermaxopponentdistancetounlock = 8
wh_cs_playerunlocktimeout = 0
wh_cs_playerverticalunlockdelay = 0
wh_cs_playerhorizontalunlockdelay = 0
wh_cs_playerlockopponentanglebias = 2
wh_cs_playermaxopponentangletolock = 0.8
wh_cs_playermaxopponentangletounlock = 0.8
wh_cs_playerinputcombatunlockdelay = 0
wh_cs_playerinputcursorunlockdistance = 0.05
wh_cs_playerinputlockingtolerance = 20
wh_cs_playerinputlockareawidth = 0.6
wh_cs_playerinputmouseunlockxthreshold = 60
wh_cs_playerinputmouseunlockmintime = 0
wh_cs_playerinputmouseunlockreturntime = 1.5
wh_cs_playerinputmouseunlockminoppangle = 20

You can add, +exec user, to the steam launch options to make sure the user.cfg works.

Last edited:
Associate
I've had the guards attack me after a cut scene as the game restarted in an area with a lot of npcs - hence a slightly chugging frame rate for a split second as everything loads.
I must have inadvertently hit one of the guards as the result of touching the attack buttons just before everything loaded (but still on the loading screen) and the delay in input resulting in a punch or sword blow.

Had to load an earlier savegame :/

Soldato
It can take a while after committing a crime for it to actually be reported to the guards for instance, if they have to run from a village to the nearest town.
I thought this was the case, but then on one of the missions I killed someone inside the locked monastery where there are no guards. Four guards appeared within seconds, even though no one had seen me do it, and even though it would have taken them over 30 seconds to reach me had they been watching on CCTV and waiting to pounce!

Back
Top Bottom