Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
managed to play a bit more of this.

Bought my horse..Tuplar i think from Neuoff. I did intially buy the arabian white horse and got him kitted out nice but after wiping out a bandit camp him and I had a slight accident...dang horse lost its footing and we both fell to our deaths :(

reloaded (i forgot to save so the reload was just before bought horse...1 hour of adventure wasted lol) and bought the Tuplar as i preferred the dark horse type. Anyway im just out and about clearing out bandit camps and marvelling at the lovely surroundings.

I love just wandering around...the lighting is excellent in this game very realistic it feels at times. e.g. when i have volumetric fog on yeah it makes the sky and distance more faded colourwise but the lighting is much much better imo. Moving from indoors to outdoors is easily the best graphics lighting in any game ive played...the transition effects.

QrGmJ6O.jpg
kDwtDOy.jpg
kuK30E1.jpg
4uwO1PW.jpg

Also game still needs more optimizing for fps. Hopefully 1.4 or 1.5 patch will sort it.
I also like the fact that even after a quest is finished you can go and talk to the people involved to get follow up information on it e.g. the water carring quest...you see them carrying the water afterwards and you get their feelings on the job etc....

I've had no crashes though lucky me. Regarding colours being washed out to do with gamma ...im not sure but there is definitely something going on because i am always having to fix the gamma or brightness in this game....at one point i thought it was my projector but i dont think so. The world graphics need to have better stability and consistency...atm i do think its playable but next patches should improve things considerably.

edit: something else i wonder at...is if the graphics settings change dynamically according to some preset of the code or something....i dunno just sometimes the graphics look fabulous and other times ...hrmm that wall is quite low res i dunno.

Associate
Gsync working perfectly well here.

I know what your problem is - the game randomly chooses to start in borderless mode for me about 50% of the time. In the NVCP I have Gsync set to run for "full screen mode only" (which is the default option) so if a game runs in borderless mode then Gsync doesn't activate. So, either

1. In the game graphics option make sure fullscreen is selected
2. Or, press alt-Return to flick between borderless and fullscreen.

Because of the many games that have this issue I've resorted to making sure the on screen Gsync indicator is always set to show on the top left of my screen via the NVCP to make sure I know that a) a game is running fullscreen and then b) that gsync is obviously running because of a).

On my 3440x1440 superwide the Gsync indicator is really in my peripheral vision so it doesn't really bother me at all and rarely interferes with on screen menus or owt. I wish they would make it about 50% smaller though...

To be honest, I just set Vsync on in global settings within Nvidia control panel. Without that for some sort of vsync i notice tearing, even if below the refresh rate of my panel on various games where gsync should be doing its magic. Solves all tearing issues for me.

Figured it out after finding the same issue in all games.

For some reason my display had set itself to 60hz in the control panel.

I updated the GPU drivers at the same time as installing the patch. I just automatically assumed it must be the game after reading about all the bugs!

Associate
Really enjoying the game so far
just got past the first boss in the big bandit camp.

What weapons are people using? I've used a sword so far but find that fighting against armoured opponents is tough going as you do so little damage. I know in actual medieval times swords were phased out and people used blunt force weapons such as maces against armour, is it the same in this game?

Also I've tried out stealth and bow killing which is actually far far easier than straight up hand to hand combat, I would recommend trying it out! There's a stealth perk to kill instead of knocking out and an agility dodge bonus perk for wearing no plate which were handy to pick up.

Soldato
@Clav Agreed, I'm a little beyond that point. I started that fight with a sword but it seemed a bit of a deadlock. Changed to arrows and it was all over, I liked the cut scene afterwards
I have a 74 damage long bow for which I have only recently reached the right skill levels and it does a great job. The old approach and draw a couple of enemies away also works to keep the numbers down.
Love this game especially Henry's little quirks in conversations.
Andi.

Associate
As a tired old (and I mean old) gamer, this is the first game in years that has grabbed by attention. I'm entralled by it, I find occasionally I'm thinking about strategy during the day for when I get back at it in the evening. The countryside, the variety of objects, the number of people going about their day-2-day stuff, the unexpected side "engagements" are all fantastic. The fact that you can take this game at your own pace is great too.

I've had the game fall over on me a couple of times, but only once with the KCD is unresponive, the other times I think it is just finding a very slight weakness in my overclock.

With regard to treasure maps, am I the only one that finds them difficult to map against the main map accurately, (which I guess is deliberate). I'm pretty sure I've been in the right place twice, but not found the treasure. Is the treasure always a chest ?

Associate
As a tired old (and I mean old) gamer, this is the first game in years that has grabbed by attention. I'm entralled by it, I find occasionally I'm thinking about strategy during the day for when I get back at it in the evening. The countryside, the variety of objects, the number of people going about their day-2-day stuff, the unexpected side "engagements" are all fantastic. The fact that you can take this game at your own pace is great too.

The latest small touch that impressed me was when finally getting a full face helm and seeing the animation of pulling down the mask when I draw the sword and putting it back up when I put it away.

Associate
anyone know whether ther treasure is there if you don't have the map ? Logically it should be, but just wondering, given I picked up a map, died, couldn't be arsed to go back to get the map again, but know roughly where it was indicating.

Soldato
anyone know whether ther treasure is there if you don't have the map ? Logically it should be, but just wondering, given I picked up a map, died, couldn't be arsed to go back to get the map again, but know roughly where it was indicating.
I can't see the stuff suddenly appearing only when in the possession of the map - seems very un-KCD to do that!

Soldato
yeah the gamma settings are borked in this game. Sometimes when i quit KCD my gamma is very high but def not normal.

Can anyone confirm they managed to get the light armour perk to work?(have to not wear any plate)
its supposed to activate onscreen i think.

Anyhooo heres a puzzler for you see if you figure out whats not quite right in this pic

9LKV76r.jpg

Nqxy1V4.jpg

yep thats right a dude attacked me with a spear type glaive weapon and i could pick it up but not equip it sadly :( (even though it looks like i have it equipped) i figure they havent coded in the attack sequences/anims for them types of weapons for henry..shame in fact theres a lack of different weapons. I would love to wield a 2 handed hammer weapon but they dont exist in KCD

Soldato
The halberd-types can be used and picked up, but you just can't stow them. You're essentially always brandishing them, and guards do not like that!

You can train with them with Bernard, but I agree, I'd like to be able to have one always; they're beastly. I try and pick one up mid-fight if I can find one, but then have to drop it.

Soldato
The halberd-types can be used and picked up, but you just can't stow them. You're essentially always brandishing them, and guards do not like that!

You can train with them with Bernard, but I agree, I'd like to be able to have one always; they're beastly. I try and pick one up mid-fight if I can find one, but then have to drop it.

Ahh yes you're right you can thrust and generic slash with them but cant put them away aww.

I like when you get your rep high enough people start calling you sir knight and all that jazz. At least i havent heard "henrys come to see us" for a while...maybe people have a bit more respect now.

I managed to find a nice stash in a chest for treasure map xiii noble sword and noble armor and other stuff poison etc near a dead dudes place (easy chest). The location is in dem woods. You can follow the rattay river all the way east and there is a trail fork to the north (isnt on map) and that leads to it (accident / garden ) the map for it XIII isnt too helpful lol

By the way im sure i have been doing perfect parries to activate riposte but there has been a lot of times when Henry doesnt riposte even tho he should...is there something wrong with master strokes? Bug with my game maybe.

Soldato
Anyhooo heres a puzzler for you see if you figure out whats not quite right in this pic

9LKV76r.jpg

Nqxy1V4.jpg

yep thats right a dude attacked me with a spear type glaive weapon and i could pick it up but not equip it sadly :( (even though it looks like i have it equipped) i figure they havent coded in the attack sequences/anims for them types of weapons for henry..shame in fact theres a lack of different weapons. I would love to wield a 2 handed hammer weapon but they dont exist in KCD

I have a spear in my inventory i picked up after being attacked by bandits. I can't equip it, sell it or drop it though so it's just taking up 10lbs in my inventory. No idea what i did to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom