Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
I don't know, I've paid my debt to society and so society likes me again.
But you haven't really. Sure if you're imprisoned for murder and you do your 10+ days or whatever it is, then yes. But murdering someone, getting a negative rep for it, and then pickpocketing and getting imprisoned for that (1 day in prison) shouldn't then wipe out the murder 'debt' to society!

Soldato
But you haven't really. Sure if you're imprisoned for murder and you do your 10+ days or whatever it is, then yes. But murdering someone, getting a negative rep for it, and then pickpocketing and getting imprisoned for that (1 day in prison) shouldn't then wipe out the murder 'debt' to society!
I see what you are saying, agree poor mechanism in game.

My issue was that I didn't really know what I had done wrong so was happy enough to be punished for something and set the record straight.

Soldato
OP
This is lovely, DLC roadmap has been announced:

http://www.desconsolados.com/2018/0...ta-para-los-dlcs-de-kingdom-come-deliverance/

One of the great Western RPGs of this year is undoubtedly Kingdom Come: Deliverance, offering a great recreation of the Bohemia of the Middle Ages, advocating realism rather than fantasy. This has made it a pretty hardcore game, but has managed to triumph equally among users. Well, Warhorse Studios will not stop supporting the game, and that's why they have published the road map of the DLCs that will be published until next year. Within the story DLCs, we will have four:

-From the Ashes. This expansion will make us look after an abandoned town, and it will be shown in E3
-The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon
-Band of ********
-A Woman's Lot, which will be free for the game's backers during their crowfunding campaign

Along with the plot expansions, there will be several DLCs that will include new options, being free the DLCs that will add the Hardcore mode, a tournament and support for mods. Those that will be free only for the backers will be the videos that show us the making of the game and a combat academy. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is already a very complete RPG, with which it will be great to see how it is evolving thanks to all these expansions.

KingdomComeDeliverance_DLC_road_map.jpg

Soldato
OP
Pretty fascinating insight into the development and research that went into this game, from digital dragons conference:

Must watch for anyone interested in gamedev.

Associate
HELP !!....i've gotten to the big camp, went and fought the guy, came back and got stripped of all my belongings, and now it's dead of night and I have to make it to point A to escape, and optionally recover my stuff at B, with guards constantly on patrol.

So far, I've restarted about 20 times, each time I sneak around so far until I get noticed and then it's goodnight. Fighting them is pointless as I do no damage and surrendering isn't an option. Is it simply a case of keeping on in this tact until I get to point A eventually, and if so have I lost all my kit ?

If I'm missing some alternative way of completing this, let me know !

Soldato
You should be able to make it to the nearby hut unseen if you time the guards movements right, turn left when you leave the hut you're in, in that hut there will be an open locker with a lock-pick and some other basic items. In the hut opposite where you come out of is another foot locker with some healing potions etc. The guard occupying the main hut does rounds, so armed with the lock-pick wait until he leaves then go get your items from the main hut. It's then fairly easy to snipe the guards with your bow and make it to the section of the wall that you can climb over.

Soldato
*in Geordie accent.

Day three in the Sasau Brother's Monastery and tension is starting to creep in!

I know that they were going for realism but I have never played on my phone while playing a game before but morning prayers and breakfast seem to take about twenty minutes!

Still loving the game but this section is pretty frustrating!

Soldato
Finally got out successfully, failed the Nasty Habits and Missing Pages quests but couldn't take any more!

Spent more time in the monastery jail than out of it I think!

That was painful, not sure how they could have done it differently but any play test of that quest should have told them it was awful!

Soldato
Never had a blue screen on this game. Not encountered many bugs at all, stability wise, which was surprising given the complaints I have read.

Soldato
That monastery quest was the worst, I gave it time, but was so tedious and frustrating. I ended up just googling the shortest way to complete it. Job done. Failed a load of missions, but it was worth it :p

Pretty sure I am coming near the end now?

Soldato
That monastery quest was the worst, I gave it time, but was so tedious and frustrating. I ended up just googling the shortest way to complete it. Job done. Failed a load of missions, but it was worth it :p

Pretty sure I am coming near the end now?

I took ages (with hindsight, quite enjoyed how detailed it was), and still failed a bunch of missions.
I've mentioned this gripe before, but I'll do so again here as it's relevant to the monastery - kill your target, silently, with no one around, and yet suddenly guards appear within seconds. So guards, who aren't even in the monastery, can suddenly teleport to the location just because the game knows you've killed someone, but no one else does.

Back
Top Bottom