Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
OP
Development timeline of From the Ashes as described by Smejki (designer/writer)

02/2018 No concrete plans.
Rough idea is that DLC codenamed NewHomes will be simple and will enable the player to buy, upgrade and embellish like 3-5 houses in existing villages. Next to no new VO. Maybe some new assets.

early 03/2018 actual proposed design:
- There will be a full-fledged quest preceding the main thing
- The main thing will be complete rebuilding of Pribyslawitz.
- With like 15 slots for buildings
- With exclusive building upgrades
- With complete renewal of the church
- With dependency/tech tree
- With a dynamic book which serves as UI for a light management sim
- With cutscenes
- And you'll be able to hire some known NPCs
- And you'll have to strike deals on some resources
- And you'll be able to resolve several conflicts as a judge
- And we need to release it shortly after E3
- Also no dialogs are written and most design details still remain unaddressed

Other departments a few meetings later:
- "******* what?"
- We're still fixing the game
- Several key people will be 'free' by late 03/2018 due to GDC
- The design is not complete
- You have no dialogs written yet
- We need to start recording VO within 1.5 months, not to talk about translation and non-English VO
- Pribyslawitz assets are totally not ready for this, changing stuff will likely break the battle there
- We mustn't affect the battle
- The whole thing requires tons of new assets, several new techs, major overhauls of some subsystems which were not built with villages popping into existence and growing in mind
- We will never make this in time
- It's a neat idea but **** you
- Ok, let's get to work

21/06/2018 Done, yo!
(And we only had to cut like 10% of the content all of which was expendable, and slightly simplify some parts)

Soldato
Is fast travel a touch bugged? Been away from KCD for a while now, and coming back to it, the fast travel suddenly slows down to a snail's pace at certain points, and then goes back to normal speed. Now I've no idea if it's actually slow in terms of in-game time, or just the visual representation is slowing.

Soldato
Is fast travel a touch bugged? Been away from KCD for a while now, and coming back to it, the fast travel suddenly slows down to a snail's pace at certain points, and then goes back to normal speed. Now I've no idea if it's actually slow in terms of in-game time, or just the visual representation is slowing.
As of 1.6 fast travel slows down when travelling near people, so if it slows going through the woods there is a high chance your about to get attacked on the road.

Soldato
Just retrieved my Ashes key from the Humble Store and added it to Steam, hopefully it'll install itself tomorrow.

42480925204_5ec69394ed_o.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Got the DLC, but no idea where it's accessible from? Went into my game and nothing came up apart from a banner saying I'd got the DLC...boom straight back into my old (second time around) game.

Is it only accessible upon 'completion' of the main story line?

Soldato
Got the DLC, but no idea where it's accessible from? Went into my game and nothing came up apart from a banner saying I'd got the DLC...boom straight back into my old (second time around) game.

Is it only accessible upon 'completion' of the main story line?

I take it that your DLC banner was different to the one I got which tells you that you need to go to Talmberg & speak with Sir Divish. If so then I guess you do need to have progressed further through the game than you have, I loaded up my save from when I had completed the main campaign and was able to kick of the DLC mission with no issues.

29372569618_01190e297a_o.jpg

Soldato
OP
A video from showcasing the DLC

It seems pretty cool, but better when starting new game. I will be definitely getting it along with the others.

Soldato
I take it that your DLC banner was different to the one I got which tells you that you need to go to Talmberg & speak with Sir Divish. If so then I guess you do need to have progressed further through the game than you have, I loaded up my save from when I had completed the main campaign and was able to kick of the DLC mission with no issues.

29372569618_01190e297a_o.jpg

Mine was possibly glitched - the top bit showed, but I was mid conversation when it appeared and had some other text beneath it from that conversation.

Now all good.

And all done in terms of construction. Not a long haul at all, talking done in an hour or two? I did have a lot of cash from before, which meant there was really no purpose in delaying construction at all, but it's also meant it's gone in a flash!

Soldato
Anyone got any idea what this is atop the chimney of the extended rathaus that you build in From the Ashes? Looks suspiciously like a very large nest akin to the one found on the cliffs with the horse head armour in it. It's even got some gunk dripping down on the inside of the rathaus.

I've shot it from multiple angles with arrows to no avail, and I can find no way on to the roof. You can jump up onto the roof edge from the upper level of the external stairway shown here, but due to the slope, you immediately fall off.

Any suggestions? Or is it actually some kind of actual feature of such buildings and not an easter egg of some sort?

449bf6be3b772ea76b4b55c36eb3b38c.png

b7c63331112e2a8ae62dffc6367a8123.png

Back
Top Bottom