Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
I took ages (with hindsight, quite enjoyed how detailed it was), and still failed a bunch of missions.
I've mentioned this gripe before, but I'll do so again here as it's relevant to the monastery - kill your target, silently, with no one around, and yet suddenly guards appear within seconds. So guards, who aren't even in the monastery, can suddenly teleport to the location just because the game knows you've killed someone, but no one else does.

That's one of the things that has put me off buying this game. Why bother with the sneaking around if the guards are going to know what you do no matter what.

Soldato
That's one of the things that has put me off buying this game. Why bother with the sneaking around if the guards are going to know what you do no matter what.

It's why I stopped playing. No matter sneaky you was or careful. They ALWAYS knew. Drove me insane trying to make the main character a stealth assassin sort of guy.

Soldato
This game isn't Assassins Creed and isn't designed to be played that way. It may be frustrating if that's the kind of play-style you prefer but the game is trying to be historically accurate and I don't think anyone on a rampaging murder spree would escape justice for very long in a time and age when everyone knew everyone else's business and murder was a huge deal. Sure the mechanics to enforce this are clunky but you'll enjoy the game a lot more if you view it more as a medieval life simulator with a decent story-line and try to fit into the lifestyle and pace, rather than teat it as any other generic AAA RPG where your actions have little or no consequence. I appreciate the game is not to everyones taste but I enjoyed it immensely and have sunk 140 hours into it, I'm really looking forward to the DLC and my next playthrough.

Soldato
This game isn't Assassins Creed and isn't designed to be played that way. It may be frustrating if that's the kind of play-style you prefer but the game is trying to be historically accurate and I don't think anyone on a rampaging murder spree would escape justice for very long in a time and age when everyone knew everyone else's business and murder was a huge deal. Sure the mechanics to enforce this are clunky but you'll enjoy the game a lot more if you view it more as a medieval life simulator with a decent story-line and try to fit into the lifestyle and pace, rather than teat it as any other generic AAA RPG where your actions have little or no consequence. I appreciate the game is not to everyones taste but I enjoyed it immensely and have sunk 140 hours into it, I'm really looking forward to the DLC and my next playthrough.
I really, really enjoyed it. I've taken a break from it for a while, just because I sunk so much time into it.

I disagree that it's just 'clunky' with regards stealth; it's quite simply broken. I do not believe for one moment they intended it to play the way it does as it makes zero sense. Otherwise, you'd be getting reported for pick pocketing and lock picking, but you don't, unless someone notices you. But with murder, it's instant guard alert and rep hit; it simply doesn't flow right.

Associate
It's a fair point, if the intent is that you can't get away with murder in this setting then ok, call the guards in, but not immediately. There should be a reasonable amount of time passing before the body is discovered and then an investigation to happen before the law knows who to come after. And then they'd need to find you, which might involve a search if you were hiding out.
If the guards are psychic and can teleport for murder, why not for all crimes?

Soldato
So it seems my main quest tracking has broken, it no longer displays any of the quest markers, all the side quests and activities still show though, is it broken?? :(

They are enabled, it just doesn't show on the map...

Soldato
So it seems my main quest tracking has broken, it no longer displays any of the quest markers, all the side quests and activities still show though, is it broken?? :(

They are enabled, it just doesn't show on the map...
I thought something was a bit amiss last night I was having trouble tracking quests. I think only 1 seems to work at a time, odd.
Andi.

Soldato
OP
Well, had to reload a previous save in the end, wasn't too bad, happy I did. Just completed it :D

Ends abit abruptly though...

There was a big internal discussion about the ending. Here is what Smejki (writer/designer at Warhorse) posted few days back:

Q: Yo Smejki is the patching largely done or are there still major issues left? I remember a while back you talked about the reputation system being borked, for instance.

A: I honestly don’t see the whole bigpicture, so take it it with a grain of salt.
But generally, yes. The bugs we’re now fixing are less severe and the pace of incoming reports slowed down considerably. I personally for example received maybe 2 major issues in last 1.5 months and i’m responsible for the logic of 11 quests and several minor game systems. That of course means that I have time for creating new content (I’m working on the first DLC BTW). But it also means that most of us can pay attention to less severe bugs and issues which normally would (and could) remain unfixed. It’s quite likely the following patches will be fixing similar amount of issues (around 200) however bigger and bigger proportion of them will be quality of life improvements in some quests or systems, minor tweaks and glitches a and bugs which are more and more negligible.
Patch 1.6 will be released together with the first DLC which is due later this month. And we will certainly release patches along with the other DLCs. No idea if there will be some other patches in between DLC releases.

Q: I thought KC was always meant to be a trilogy.

A: The whole “trilogy” thing stems from our long past history with publishers.
KCD was originally meant to be a complete story across 3 maps. The game was meant to be made by more people than we ever had for more money than we ever had. The project was rejected.
And thus we entered Kickstarter. I believe that our mentioning of ActI, II, and III was a mistake as it only confuses people. The acts correspond with those 3 maps I mentioned above. The KS campaign was only about ActI (with hi tiers preordering uncertain subsequent Acts) and this is what was turned into KCD (KCD1=Act1). However KCD had to stand on its own legs and so the actual KCD is much bigger than what was originally planned for Act1 (Pribyslavits, Uzhits, monastery interriors and big parts of the forests were not originally planned). So KCD1 is actualy Act1++. Unfortunately it’s also why the story ends so abruptly. However even then I believe we could have handled it better. And by we I mean Dan. He wanted the story to end this way and we had biiiiig internal disagreements about it. To almost no avail. He thinks it’s a solid ending. I don’t think so.

I cannot tell you if Act2 and Act3 will be released together as KCD2 or if each Act will get its own installment (KCD2 and KCD3) or if the story ending will be expanded in some DLC. Nor can I confirm some actual “trilogy plan”. All I know is that some people will be confused because of our mentioning of the original Acts structure.
Hope I made it at least a bit clear.

Q: Looking forward to Kingdom Come II: Hussite Wars.

A: I can confirm this - KCD2 story will continue the story of KCD1 right where it ended. That doesn’t mean there can’t a 17 years jump into the future in the middle of the game. Right? But ask yourself how likely that is.

Soldato
After seeing his name flash on screen during the intro credits I have been patiently waiting and last night after 110 hours of playing Henry finally had a conversation with the legend that is Brian Blessed!

Nice to hear a new voice after so long!

Soldato
After seeing his name flash on screen during the intro credits I have been patiently waiting and last night after 110 hours of playing Henry finally had a conversation with the legend that is Brian Blessed!

Nice to hear a new voice after so long!
He's one of the worst acted roles I've come across in this! Amusing to see and hear him in a game, but a little out of place.

Soldato
Not sure if it been posted here but new things are coming. Hardcore mode is rolling out today for the game and then a DLC is coming shortly as well - From the Ashes.

Here is a link to the information, it does contain some spoilers though so if not wanting to be spoiled, just read the top part and then jump to the end for their conclusion.

Kingdom Come: Delieverance -- From the Ashes / Hardcore Mode Preview by That's Fair

Back
Top Bottom