Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Associate
Anyone got any idea what this is atop the chimney of the extended rathaus that you build in From the Ashes? Looks suspiciously like a very large nest akin to the one found on the cliffs with the horse head armour in it. It's even got some gunk dripping down on the inside of the rathaus.

I've shot it from multiple angles with arrows to no avail, and I can find no way on to the roof. You can jump up onto the roof edge from the upper level of the external stairway shown here, but due to the slope, you immediately fall off.

Any suggestions? Or is it actually some kind of actual feature of such buildings and not an easter egg of some sort?

449bf6be3b772ea76b4b55c36eb3b38c.png

b7c63331112e2a8ae62dffc6367a8123.png

Looks like a nest to me.. maybe a Stalks nest?

Soldato
WAB on YT not so impressed.

I'll wait and see what you lot say.
I wouldn't buy it. I have, and it's lacking so much. It adds nothing to the game really, as there's no reason to keep going back to the town. You get 'judgements' to make, but they do not seem to be time critical and have virtually no impact in game at all, which is good because the choices you make are ridiculously limited meaning you're forced to do something you logically wouldn't have to do.

I won't ask for a refund as it's not terrible, and had I known now what I know I would have still bought it as I really like what WH are doing. But you can't be in that position too as otherwise you'd have already bought it! Therefore don't buy.

Soldato
I was hoping for a reason to come back like the Witcher 3 DLCs but this doesn't sound enough this time and as usual there's plenty of other titles I've got lined up and finishing Battletech.
I wouldn't suggest this is the reason to come back, unless perhaps you buy this and play from the beginning in the new hardcore mode. That would be a different prospect, as money then means a lot more and so it would be much more of an 'event' when you get to build stuff.

Associate
Had really high hopes for the DLC but the review on WAB has put me off. Base game is still superb though, just needed a little more thought for those with large cash reserves in game when they made this DLC.

Soldato
Had really high hopes for the DLC but the review on WAB has put me off. Base game is still superb though, just needed a little more thought for those with large cash reserves in game when they made this DLC.
The cash reserves ruin this DLC I suspect - I have two playthroughs on the go, with one at 70k and the other 125k. At 70k it was all too easy, so I'd suggest limiting what you buy and when. But tbh it's just delaying the inevitable - it's underwhelming.

Soldato
I wouldn't suggest this is the reason to come back, unless perhaps you buy this and play from the beginning in the new hardcore mode. That would be a different prospect, as money then means a lot more and so it would be much more of an 'event' when you get to build stuff.

Very likely I'll do this but first I'll re-play Prey as a scientist and then the DLC for that.

Soldato
I have to agree with the above, Ashes will flesh out a new playthrough nicely especially on Hardcore Mode but it's not really sufficient in itself to warrant loading up a saved game to play it through especially if you have lots of funds saved up. I don't regret buying it as I want to support the Devs to continue to work on what has to be one of my favorite all time games and I really want them to complete the next episode(s).

Soldato
Thanks for the mini reviews. I played this non-stop until I completed the main quest and meant to go back and tidy up some of the other quests nd thought this might help but I don't think I'll bother just yet.

Soldato
OP
Oh man I just watched 2 hour interview with Martin Klekner, who was hired to Warhorse as a guy to make kickstarter update videos, and ended up making cutscenes for the whole game, including directing actors on mocap stage and creating the cinematics in cryengine. He says that the longest he and his team were in the office was for 90 hours straight, when working on the release trailers :eek:

Pretty brutal, but he is happy about the result so fair enough.

Tomorrow Gameumentary will release their full doc, I already saw it as a backer and it is pretty interesting, I will link it here after.

Soldato
Ok here is the full documentary ...
They also address the "controversy". A must watch for fans imo.
Thanks for sharing, I really like seeing how the game was developed and the effort and determination they put into delivering what they wanted to achieve with it. I hadn't realised that they first developed a working living world with the NPCs all carrying out realistic lives in terms of work, meals, entertainment, rest etc. and only after then did they look at adding the storyline and quests. You can kind of see how that approach helps enormously with some aspects of the game but also how bugs got introduced and maybe not ironed out in time for the release schedule. As for the "controversy" I didn't know much about it but having looked into it it's ridiculous and blatantly just a case of "haters gotta hate".

Soldato
OP
Thanks for sharing, I really like seeing how the game was developed and the effort and determination they put into delivering what they wanted to achieve with it. I hadn't realised that they first developed a working living world with the NPCs all carrying out realistic lives in terms of work, meals, entertainment, rest etc. and only after then did they look at adding the storyline and quests. You can kind of see how that approach helps enormously with some aspects of the game but also how bugs got introduced and maybe not ironed out in time for the release schedule. As for the "controversy" I didn't know much about it but having looked into it it's ridiculous and blatantly just a case of "haters gotta hate".

The bugs are unfortunate, yeah..lot of it has to do with really very "spartan" conditions the game was developed in, the QA team was not nearly as large as other games this size have, the budget was quite shoestringy.
The controversy is a true nonsense, some people just have an extremely warped/black and white view of the world and anyone who is not 100% with them is the enemy.

Back
Top Bottom