Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Yea, I get that. However, personally I'm not looking for a life simulator, I'm just looking to relax and chill for an hour playing a game and this isn't the one.
Tbh if you click and understand the purpose of the game, it is rather relaxing. The first a isn't a case of run as fast as you can to kill rabbit, but go slow, take your time and try to kill. If you hit great, if not, also great as the story moves on regardless. It couldn't be more chill.

Same with fighting, it isn't tap tap tap tap tap until you win, but slower fighting.

I personally found this game to be super chill once you get past the first few initial missions that are a bit more exciting.

The church section for instance is slowwwwwwwww

Last edited:

taB

taB

Associate
Went to 3 rounds in the last fight against Black Peter but managed to win.

He only ambushed me afterwards, cheeky blighter.

Turns out there's a quest around it but I hadn't picked it up yet. Incredible level of detail.

Soldato
OP
Nice, another year, another million copies sold, so now at 4 million. So glad to see realistic non-fantasy RPG being so successful.

Also, some nice Steam Deck footage

I've had this game on my steam account for 2 years not had a proper play through yet got 4 hrs on it think the combat system put me off
So many say this and its such a shame as its super rewarding once you can get the combat system and not just the combat system, but the idea that you're terrible at it because your character is terrible at it. How on earth can a blacksmiths boy fight a trained fighter. They can't. They die. It's what happens in this game, but once you figure it out, it's so much fun.

Soldato
OP
While I enjoyed combat in KCD, I can see how it can seem bad in the beginning.

That said. Personally I don't get not playing a game where combat is a fairly small part of the experience over disliking combat. There is so much to experience in an RPG like this. Combat in videogames is just busywork. I am in it for the stories, characters, exploration, atmosphere.

Soldato
I too found the combat system god awful, until I realised it's because Henry is an untrained commoner.

As you progress, and get better irl, it's incredibly rewarding. But even then it's not like you can wade into a group of ten men and win; you'd die.

I think we're so used to games where we play a Mary Sue type character, that getting your bum kicked feels like it's bad game design.

I took a break because I was side questing and got hundreds of hours deep before hitting some fatigue. Seriously underestimated how much there is to do.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

An early play through I tried hunting with the bow. Had no bracers. So I ended up with arm bleed. I had no bandage. I barely made it back to town alive!!
Superb detail.

Soldato
How's performance on a 6800? This is next on my list after I finish RDR2, but I read that the engine has some problems on AMD cards, had this been fixed yet? am I likely to have a playable experience at 4K or should I stick with 1440p?

Also m&kb vs controller?

Soldato
OP
That's encouraging though, I guess I just need to have a play with settings and see what I get out of it
You can try my settings as the baseline and tweak from there. They give me stable 60fps for vast majority of the game in 1620p on 2080Ti. At the end of the video below.
Also, I played with controller on hardcore mode and it was great, no issues for me. I much prefer playing on TV.

Associate
I managed a more than playable framerate (40-60 fps) on a 1080ti @4k with a 2700 on med to high settings. If you don't go too mental with the settings you should be ok

Back
Top Bottom