Largish Family Car - SUV?

As a boring option. Could you consider just sticking a roofbox onto a regular hatch style saloon?

That gives you the storage space you want for the occasions you need it for road trips etc, but without all the day to day downsides a bigger car might bring?

As a boring option. Could you consider just sticking a roofbox onto a regular hatch style saloon?

That gives you the storage space you want for the occasions you need it for road trips etc, but without all the day to day downsides a bigger car might bring?

If boost access is a concern, how's he going to reach the roof rack?

Yeah had that chat to midwife appointment earlier. A bit of it is itchy feet I think. I LOVE the E43. It makes me happy every time I get in it. I've had it for the longest of any cars I've owned though (well, maybe, apart from the Fiesta that was in my family from 2002-2012).

It wasn't quite roof box - but I realised I could equip every destination with an Amazon delivery of everything too big to transport for a much lower cost :D

Last edited:
It's probably worth considering. You could pick up on Facebook for pretty cheap and then give it 12 months on the E43, if it works then great. If not then you sell it on and doubtful you'd lose money and go get a bigger car.

Yeah had that chat to midwife appointment earlier. A bit of it is itchy feet I think. I LOVE the E43. It makes me happy every time I get in it. I've had it for the longest of any cars I've owned though (well, maybe, apart from the Fiesta that was in my family from 2002-2012).

It wasn't quite roof box - but I realised I could equip every destination with an Amazon delivery of everything too big to transport for a much lower cost :D

Personally I'd keep the E43, you will learn to travel light with the kids stuff and buy a smaller buggy

This was made for you and you man jobs @dlockers

You understand this puts you on par with jp right? :cry: :cool::D

cool electric front - ID buzz - renaissance of the MPV, can't get more family / DIY palette in the back at jewsons, friendly
arteon tyoe R estates aren't too long, also exclusive, not a R6 though

.. a tall vehicle like an SUV out front on your house works, though.

his is a more tasteful west coast pastel colour ... example of arteon
problem w/both is the vw meb drivetrain & efficiency updates would always be nagging - still very exclusive in the UK

Disappointed no one has suggested the Nissan X-Trail yet :cry: on a more serious note shame they've not leaned into the spirit of that car given it better engine options and more robust off-road capability and the latest one is probably a touch outside budget anyhow.

I quite like the external look of the new VW Touareg but probably outside of budget.

Last edited:
An Audi Q7 fits the bill here.. Doesn't need to be the SQ7 although V8 FTW. Option of 7 seats and the towing & carrying capacity are huge.

Disappointed no one has suggested the Nissan X-Trail yet :cry: on a more serious note shame they've not leaned into the spirit of that car given it better engine options and more robust off-road capability and the latest one is probably a touch outside budget anyhow.

I quite like the external look of the new VW Touareg but probably outside of budget.

You could go ultimate builders spec.

An Audi Q7 fits the bill here.. Doesn't need to be the SQ7 although V8 FTW. Option of 7 seats and the towing & carrying capacity are huge.
I did have a look at SQ7 when you suggested. It reminded me of when I loaded a TV into one when I worked warehouse - man that thing looked badass. I couldn't find one that wasn't diesel in budget though?

Back
Top Bottom