Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Don
have you tried varifocal lenses to see if you get on with them , before committing to have them surgically ? ... can they subsequently be replaced if the prescription changes.

as a varifocal glasses user and hearing mixed opinion from others on different brands I'm going to be very cautious on updated prescription I could do with
Tbh I don't really get on with normal glasses that well

It seems the replacement lens can cope with prescription changes within reason, may be some deterioration over a significantly long term but I'm 56 already so not too worried

Don
Had Tecnis Synergy lenses fitted yesterday

day 1 checks all fine, currently can use phone and PC without glasses and have also driven

so for 1 day after quite happy, I believe the full benefits can take 2-4 weeks

Caporegime
day 1 checks all fine, currently can use phone and PC without glasses and have also driven

so for 1 day after quite happy, I believe the full benefits can take 2-4 weeks

I've been thinking of getting this done myself. How are you feeling about them after a year? I've heard that there are often problems with night visions afterwards, especially with bright lights at night, do you find that?

Don
I've been thinking of getting this done myself. How are you feeling about them after a year? I've heard that there are often problems with night visions afterwards, especially with bright lights at night, do you find that?

Fine, have halos but no big deal

Probably would have been better with a little more balanced lenses as, while my long distance is fine it isn't perfect and my short distance is far better than it ever need to be

other than that all good, no glasses and can do everything I need to without issue

Last edited:
Soldato
Had multiple appointments about laser surgery.
Apparently my cornea is too thin and surgery would leave the eye vulnerable with a even thinner cornea. Lenses are also not an option as apparently there isn't enough room.

Associate
I had it done about three months ago at the London Vision Clinic. My surgeon was Glenn Carp. Even though the LVC is more expensive than others, I couldn't recommend them enough. I had the Smile procedure done. I had worn glasses since I was 14 (I'm now 38) and could see well straight after the procedure, although it did take 4-6 weeks for my vision to stabilise and gain 20/20 vision.

Soldato
I had it in 2014 but I think I’m at the point now where I either need glasses or have it done again due to strain. I’m 41.

Was your prescription stable at the time you had it done? Most people stop changing around early 20s, but if you're one of the unlucky ones who do not it probably kept slowly progressing until it became noticeable again. This is more common the higher your myopia is.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Was your prescription stable at the time you had it done? Most people stop changing around early 20s, but if you're one of the unlucky ones who do not it probably kept slowly progressing until it became noticeable again. This is more common the higher your myopia is.
It was probably deteriorating, they clinic did tell me after 40 I'd be likely to need glasses again.

My sight is fine I just get strain on my right eye, especially driving at night.

Soldato
Had mine done 15 years ago - totally recommend it. Although now i have hit 50+, i know i need reading glasses. Mobile phones etc are difficult to read, but that's an age thing and was to be expected.

Associate
Had mine done 15 years ago - totally recommend it. Although now i have hit 50+, i know i need reading glasses. Mobile phones etc are difficult to read, but that's an age thing and was to be expected.
My distance has been poor since I hit my 20s so I lived with glasses, hit my late 40s then noticed I needed to remove my glasses for reading. Now in my fifties I need two pairs of specs, one for distance, one for computer work but reading is fine, it’s the only time I don’t need glasses

Associate
I'm a little confused.

I'm 40 now, when I was 30 I had an eye check for laser and they said I couldnt have it just now but maybe later on when older, I think it was a stigmatism.

Now at 40 is laser an option, or as you get older your eyes deteriorate and you can't?

Associate
Had mine lasted in 2011 when I was 29 with Optical Express (Forces discount…)

12 years later and it’s still absolutely perfect. I do get halos around lights at night, especially LED’s, but that’s a small price to pay for perfect vision.

I usually forget I ever had it done in the first place, and that perfect vision isn’t normal…

Back
Top Bottom