Laws against low flying aircraft?

Soldato
Did you complain against the excessive noise ?

Now I think about it it didn't sound that loud but then again I was in a car

I can imagine the call though

operator "can you describe the offenders?"

me "yeah, they're heavily armed and are flying a big green helicopter "

operator "o..........k.........." /scratches head

Caporegime
That Airbus was so close to clipping its wing

anybody know the background , was it intentional?

Absolutely! - How many fuses do you think he had to pull to shut up the "Too low terrain. Pull up. Too low terrain. Pull up. Lower gear. Pull up. Pull up." repeating over and over and over? :D

More insanely dangerous than impressive I guess! - I'd hope that the Pilot was either a bit lower than he thought or just "plane crazy". :D:D

Soldato
Sadly the pilot there just mucked up, you can't bank that much near the ground. That type of aircraft just can't do it. In a turn that steep all the lift of the wings is pointing into the turn and not supporting the weight of the aircraft. Fighters manage it because they have a huge amount of excess power. Bombers/airliners don't!

Soldato
Now I think about it it didn't sound that loud but then again I was in a car

I can imagine the call though

operator "can you describe the offenders?"

me "yeah, they're heavily armed and are flying a big green helicopter "

operator "o..........k.........." /scratches head
merlin.jpg

Did it look like that...ish?

When it left, it went straight over the top of the tower...was ****ing awesome.

Man of Honour
Sadly the pilot there just mucked up, you can't bank that much near the ground. That type of aircraft just can't do it. In a turn that steep all the lift of the wings is pointing into the turn and not supporting the weight of the aircraft. Fighters manage it because they have a huge amount of excess power. Bombers/airliners don't!

You mean that American Bombers can't do that.

Certain British nuclear bombers have been known to fly in the grand canyon in the past. :eek:

Associate
Its great until you realise that unscheduled plane dive-bombing below legal levels just put someone's child in hospital.

If it's bombing a built up area, that's a bit naughty, so you'd probably be OK to shoot it down. Perhaps he was lost and though he was over Dresden?

I'd have thought it's pretty unlikely though... the Spitfire is a fighter (and as far as I am aware, didn't carry bombs - though I will accept that I could be wrong about that) and I've not seen anything on the news recently about a Spitfire doing any bombing in the UK.

Were the bombs making big craters?

If unscheduled bombing causing injuries is not on, is it OK if they schedule it?

:p

Soldato
AFAIK (this is going back to air cadets a few years ago) - its 500ft for civilian and 250ft for military.

The "military" aircraft include training aircraft like the bulldog etc.. (or whatever the equivalent is these days)

Actually for military its as low as they like, but due to public intrests they try to fly above a certain number of feet in built up areas. They are not forced to stay above this though.

Soldato
Planes are supposed to fly 250ft+(minimum seperation distance), though this is not always the case as there are some exceptions, Rotary can operate to ground level.

Pottsey can you explain why this infact is illegal?
Do you actually have any background knowledge in this area?

Back
Top Bottom