LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
Here is a pic of mine...

gu10led.jpg

Is it weird that all I'm thinking about when looking at the pic is how shoddy that soldering job looks?

That would cause me concern :(

Soldato
The soldering in my pic looks worse I think but I looked closely and it all seems to be making contact with the pcb. There seems to be flux all over the place, but don't think that will be causing the flickering.

DSC_4599_zpsbb21c9dc.jpg

Soldato
Out of interest marka
Have you tried swapping the bulb with another one, to check it is definetly the bulb and not the fitting? Probably a silly question with gu10, but with mr16 i have one transformer which cant hack it, and causes a flicker, no matter what bulb is in it, ordered an led driv last night, going to test a series of those next i think.

Associate
Ordered 10 from the above seller about 4 weeks ago, all GU10 dimmable, so far had 4 start flickering before they went completely, not sure if i had a bad batch or not.

Would wait and see if anyone else has had the same problem before going ahead with the order personally.

Soldato
So is Sophia Wang a trusted seller who provides real CREE LED lights? If so I'll push the button on them.

I'm not sure but one of my 4 bulbs has failed in less than 2 months. At first they said they would replace it for free if i send video evidence, but now they are saying to buy another bulb and they will send me two. I'm not really happy about having to pay more money in less than 2 months, when they are supposed to last 100,000 hours.

EDIT: Just seen flasher's post above and thats exactly what my faulty one was doing. Are they replacing yours?

Also Crazy said the pic PhilthyPhil posted looked like cheapo LEDs and that is exactly what the inside of my bulb from sophia.wang2010 looks like. After looking around on ebay I think they are just generic cheapo ones.

Out of interest marka
Have you tried swapping the bulb with another one, to check it is definetly the bulb and not the fitting? Probably a silly question with gu10, but with mr16 i have one transformer which cant hack it, and causes a flicker, no matter what bulb is in it, ordered an led driv last night, going to test a series of those next i think.

Yeah thats the first thing I did. I tried it in all 4 holders and tried swapping them round and it was always that bulb flickering.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wondering if sphia has different sources and send sout whatever they can get, stating genuine rotundy cree for all, even if they are not.

How many times have you bought from her CRAZY? Was it more than once? Wondering if you got lucky.

Soldato
Hurry up, or is it you have to wait till dark with Scotland being so sunny ;)

Okay so it took me a few days :p

Couldn't get a picture with the two bulbs connected and powered up as my light didn't work at all when I connected two different types bulbs in.

ExportedPics-2-7.jpg

Mine are the GU10 non dimmable (is that a word?) type and it's in the computer room which is the smallest boxroom / bedroom so I'm not needing anything too bright which is just as well as compared to my original Halogen they don't seem to give off quite as much range but as I've said that isn't too big an issue for me.

ExportedPics-15.jpg

They also don't get anywhere near as hot which is good - only time will tell re their lifespan but my halogens seemed to last about 12/14 months before one required changing. I paid £1.00 each for the halogens (the Poundshop :p) and the LED's cost £8.00 (Tesco) each so I'm hoping for a bit of longevity out of these.

Soldato
got a set of gu10's from home base 2 for 9.99 (so £5 each)... so impressed I went back for ather 5 packs...

they glow white as opposed to yellow from halogen (well I never noticed the haolgen were yellow until i installed half led - then half the kitchen looked white and half yellow)

Soldato
Hey guys, just purchased some E27 LED bulbs from sophia.wang2010 on Ebay, hoping they turn out to be good.

Also i'm having great difficulty in tracking down decent priced B22 candle shaped LED bulbs. Ideally we want 6500k temp in the living room and around 3 - 5 bulbs at 30-40w per bulb.

Thanks.

Soldato
I've read right though this and it seems to twist and turn as to which are best.

I have 15 MR16's in my kitchen ceiling currently burning 50w each. Would like to change for LED but they need to be good.

Any final conclusions on good bulbs?

Soldato
Any updates on how Sophia Wang's bulbs are performing/if they are genuine CREE LED's? I might buy one from her and one from another source to compare.

2 people from this thread have had flickering bulbs and others have said they're dim. It's up to you but I'd find a better seller tbh.

Back
Top Bottom