LED Bulb Thread

Bit of an update from the ebay seller:

Hello friend
1 PCS damage????????
Can send a video proof?
If damaged, we free replacement.

thanks
sophia

How would I go about sending video evidence through ebay? I was thinking of uploading to youtube, but is that not blocked in HK?

I recorded a vi,d changed it to a jpeg and uploaded thru ebay telling that same seller to chaneg it over, i doubt they even bothered, if it is the seller i think it is, they just refunded me for all the dodgy bulbs directly on receipt of an attempt at a video.

Bit of an update from the ebay seller:

How would I go about sending video evidence through ebay? I was thinking of uploading to youtube, but is that not blocked in HK?

Your thinking of China. do a mobile phone vid and put it on youtube/dropbox

I recorded a vi,d changed it to a jpeg and uploaded thru ebay telling that same seller to chaneg it over, i doubt they even bothered, if it is the seller i think it is, they just refunded me for all the dodgy bulbs directly on receipt of an attempt at a video.

How did you change a video into jpeg?

It didn't change what it was, just added the jpg ending, so ebay allowed me to upload, and then gave the seller instructions to remove the .jpg ending, leaving the .avi or .mov as it was, so the ebay allowed the upload as it thought it was a jpeg container.

We've got 22 GU10 fittings in the house, which were all using 50w halogen bulbs. I've now replaced all of them with 4w Philips LED bulbs (so potentially a 1kw saving if all were on simultaneously!).

Went for a mix of 4w Philips MyVision (non-dimmable) and 4w Philips MyAmbiance (dimmable). I've found them excellent, true replacements for the 50w halogens. Only downside is that you need a clever dimmer switch to work with dimmable LEDs. A lot of dimmer switches rely upon a certain amount of load on the circuit. With the massively reduced load of the LEDs you can hardly dim them at all.

Just purchased these:

ExportedPics-12.jpg

£8.00 each from my local Tesco. :)

Not true!
The dimmable CREE's I bought work perfectly fine on bog-standard dimmers, must be something to do with the control gear Philips have used!?!

No, it can be related to trasnformers in the case of mr16, depending if they are constant current or constant voltage transformers.
Some of the former need a loading bulb, or oa large overall load to work.
Situation is slightly different with gu10s.

I bought 10 of the 9w CREE bulbs and can't say I'm massively impressed with them. They seem a fair bit dimmer than a 50w halogen and 10 of them is not enough to light my lounge (5m x 4.5m) adequately. The light changes colour towards the outer edge and they also only seem to draw about 4w per bulb not 9w.

I posted a side by side photo and they are clearly as bright as the 50w halogens I had in before. If they weren't as bright I would have said so and wouldn't have bought another 3 after the test one. I'm sure there are brighter ones out there, but these are great for what I need.

I'm not sure I'd recommend them though, as one of mine has now started flickering. The seller hasn't got back to me yet, but it seems as though they're going to send a replacement without me sending this one back. Just hoping it's a one off and they actually last as long as they claim they do, as that's the main reason I went for LED as I was sick of buying new halogens.

I think the MR16 ones from the same seller are not as bright. It's a bit confusing in the listing, but doesn't it say the MR16 are 6w? and 480lumens, compared to 580lumens of the 9w GU10?

I didnt mean you marka, i meant the guys who spoke of the gu10s from the other sellers.
I saw the pictures you posted.
I meant in general the name and replacement bulbs in leds can be hit and miss.
I've tried 4 different mr16, and when i replace a few drivers in my sunroom i might try a few more.

The good thing with gu10s is you dont have to arse about wondering if your transformer will work, or is at fault, as there is no transformer. I will likely revisit all of my bulbs when I get new transformers, and although the room doesn't lend to it, it would be nice tomhave side by side of several led types.

Of all the ones i have tried the wang ones were the dimmest, but people with gu10 equivalent havent been reporting this, but I wonder what they were all coming from. There is tremendous variance.

If thatsa light fitting with 3 GU10s there is no transformer, they are 240 volts, any LED gu10 should work fine within it, but if you want a dimmer switch, then you'll have to find dimmable gu10 bulbs.

If thatsa light fitting with 3 GU10s there is no transformer, they are 240 volts, any LED gu10 should work fine within it, but if you want a dimmer switch, then you'll have to find dimmable gu10 bulbs.

Ok thank you, I'll just have to go and figure out how to go and buy them cheap at work now!

Back
Top Bottom