LED Bulb Thread

Soldato
So I've ordered some par 38s for the kitchen from led hit. Managed to get a discount, but still came to 30 quid for 4 bulbs. Is 25° to narrow for a kitchen, the holders are adjustable.

Soldato
Thanks guys. Yeah they're the ones I was looking at.

^120degree is what I have in the kitchen on a central 6light fitting. Floods, and I mean floods, our kitchen with light. Bounce is also good off the walls and ceiling too.

Soldato
Hi guys

Slightly strange one here...looking to replace a garage door opener bulb - currently it has a 32.5V 34W B15s (I think!) in it. Looks like this:

I7WJvmZm.jpg

Any LED equivalents I could replace it with? The more powerful the better!

Thanks

Soldato
Cheers for the link to the 120 degree bulbs. Been looking for some for a while. That annoys me about Screwfix I can never see the degree, am I doing it wrong?

Ordering a pack of reach of those for kitchen and lounge

Soldato
i got an overhead light fixture that takes 6 bulbs and there is a dimmer switch on the wall. since iv swapped out the normal bulbs to led (philips proper dimmable ones) i get a buzzing noise from the bulbs and dimmer. sometimes one of the led bulbs glows dimmer than the others. moving them around reveals no pattern. why is this so? is it to do with the actual dimmer switch not being led friendly?

Associate
Any recommendations for under the kitchen cupboards ?
I'm looking for an LED strip that would be splash proof and not require a transformer

Soldato
Soldato
is there anything new in 2018 led market ?

- some new metoos in the smart bulbs
- philips+osram have scene switch lighting
the latter seems a gimmick I don't want to change bulb temperature (warm/cold/day), LOL I want dimmable at a constant temp, and amazon review say they forget their settings too.
(the manufacture has basically tried to make a sales benefit of the natural/bad characteristic of the bulbs to change temp)

I was looking to see if there are some high >800lm dimmable non-buzzing e27/b22 bulbs at ~4k, good cri, and since last years discussions eg. below. nothing new

Maybe market has moved into recessed lights - gu10+architectural, but when I look in amazon still fail to find new tech bulbs

[
Right I've tried in addition to the Philips "Master" an Osram and another Philips LED.
The Philips Master and Osram (dimmables) both buzz annoyingly in normal dimmers and dedicated LED dimmers - No matter what the brightness.
The other Philips (clear white 60w) doesn't buzz what ever sort of dimmer its controlled via.
Returning the buzzing ones... Getting more of the 9W>60W Philips clear warm white bulbs.
]

Soldato
Interesting that Osram led bulbs from amazon, unlike philips, seem to have 2 year guarantees https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073QTWZS9

Found a dimmable 4k philips r7s bulb for an uplighter, (which I can put back in service) 1600lm https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075ZZWC65, has anyone tried one ?

had previously assumed all varilight trailing edge dimmers were good products, but from reviews the ones with IR remote control may not turn led bulbs off completely, so that's no good.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IUNEQGS

"All touch and remote dimmers have a standby current, much like a television, so that they will respond to an infrared (IR) signal. Some LED lamps are sensitive and will remain on even though the standby current is very low. We have created a device called a 'GlowFix' (part number 'YAGF') to combat this problem and one 'GlowFix' connected in parallel with the LED load will stop sensitive LED lights from glowing or flickering. Another solution would be to use a V-Pro push on/off rotary dimmer"

Soldato
interesting osram documents showing which dimmers work with their bulbs,
now have to find which dimmers are available in uk .... can't but believe their chart is valid for bulbs from other folks too.

41528739765_f28b1aa6ea_o_d.jpg

Soldato
This may be a stupid question, but are there any smart bulbs that react to ambient light?

I'm not interested in different colours, just lights that will turn off and on/adjust automatically according to the level of light in the room. If they could be combined with motion sensors in doorways, that'd be even better.

Back
Top Bottom